Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:

What does it mean to you? I wonder if I've got a bit of the baby blues. I am trying to decide if it's worth talking to midwife about and getting medication. I am still showering, taking care of the house and kids, nothing like that is falling behind. I am LOVING my children and enjoying every minute with them.

However, I am getting ready to go back to work and that is killing me. We have combine finances with my mom. She, myself and my dh pool our money and pay bills and live off of the money. I was working just 1 day a week before. But my mom is a medical transcriptionist and thanks to the government all hospitals are going to electronic records which means she doesn't have a job anymore. So I am going back to work and she'll be with the kids until she finds another job and we can go back to the old way. I am going to be working 3-4 days a week. I know that some mamas work 40+ hours and I'm grateful that I don't have to do that. But I was born just to stay home with my babies!!! So when I think of that it really depresses me, but again mainly internal.

So what is your opinion? baby blues or something situational?

menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
This sounds a bit more situational than ppd, but they may be aggravating each other. I would call and just see what she has to say.

You can pm me too if you need to chat.
Alicia + A = E + M and C
I shop at Mom's Milk Boutique
Using Swagbucks to earn paypal and amazon gift cards!.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Abby! I know it would kill me to have to leave my babies at all! Sounds situational to me. . .all of your mama-bear instincts and emotions are high in the PP time. . .I know I feel extra sensitive still, but I know for me it's not PPD. But doesn't hurt to talk to someone about it. Better to err on the side of caution.

Love your new avi pic. . .sweet babies
Lucinda-- crunchy, BFing, homebirthin', SAH mama to my sweet guy, born 10.1.09 and my baby girl, born 1.19.12.
*I'm a stroke survivor.*
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote