View Poll Results: how many have circumcised your sons?
I have and will do it again 97 38.80%
I have but wish I hadn't 32 12.80%
I didn't and would never 119 47.60%
I didn't but maybe should have 2 0.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2007, 11:16 PM   #81
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

Re: circumcision?

We will not circumcise any of our children, girl or boy. They both deserve the same rights

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2007, 11:57 PM   #82
mayrain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndunn View Post
We will not circumcise any of our children, girl or boy. They both deserve the same rights

and even if I had been circ'd, I would never want my child to go through that just so they could match me
Old 07-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #83
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS is intact.. DH wasnt too happy about it (he is circed), but no child of mine will be circed.. I carry and birth them, therefore I have the final say
Old 07-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #84
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
MDC has a great forum called "case against circumcision" that has LOADS of information. I highly recommend checking it out. PM me if you don't know what MDC is
Yah that, also if you want more, pm me and I will send you a pile of links that are pro intact
Old 07-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #85
bjaneen
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
MDC has a great forum called "case against circumcision" that has LOADS of information. I highly recommend checking it out. PM me if you don't know what MDC is
Yes! This is the site I was going to recommend.
bjaneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:52 PM   #86
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
so what happen, did you sue that place!!! the ped when i had ds kept on telling me we needed to do it, i kept saying not for us, and he kept on for a few months as we would go take ds in for check ups and stuff, he's a great dr and all but the pressure was worse from him than my family
It's a kind of long story. But I was very young when Kearnan was born. When it was time to check out they took him for his check out exam. When they brought him back to me they told me he had been circ'd and gave me a run down of care. Me being naive thought that since they never asked that it was just something they had to do right? A few years later I got my medical records for my new ob's office when I was pregnant again and in the paper work was the consent form for circ, with my husbands siggy on it. I was shocked. It never occured to me to really think about it, but that got me wondering. So I asked him and he said he had never signed something like that, they never asked him. Well I showed it to him and he said it must have been mixed in with the paper work they gave him at check in. I was on the L&D floor having an emergency induction started and they told him he couldn't get back to me till the papers were all signed. So naturally he rushed through signing every single paper in the stack without reading them first. He said they could have slipped a paper in there about castrating him and he would have signed it just to be done. So in the end they did have consent, just not my consent, nor actual informed consent. I don't know that we can sue them, but I am keeping the stuff together so Kearnan can as an adult if he so chooses.

On the plus side I delivered Tharen at the same hospital and they no longer routinely offer circumcisions there. You have to ask the ped on call if they will do it and if they say no you just have to wait and get your own ped to after release. I asked them about it when Tharen was born. I was being particularly protective after what had happened with Kearnan. I still didn't let him out of my sight though, I was told all of the nurses knew about intact care, but you can't be too careful, plus I didn't want him "accidentally" vaxed or anything.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote