Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #21
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Relief from terrible Vericose Veins during Pregnancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma View Post
wearing an amber ankle bracelet helps my pain from vericose veins alot
Good to know!!...I have been wearing a necklace and bracelet for many months now... will be curious to see if it helps during pregnancy/veins... good tip The anklet would be closer to the leg area though.. so I might have to look for one of those too

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #22
Aydinsmom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummandherboys View Post
Okay, so tell me exacally what you bought Mama... this seems like what I will need forsure! Is it the same one that one of the mamas in an earlier post linked to? Please tell me where you got yours/size/details... my crotch area is always the worst too
I'm glad it's working for you!!

Do you also wear any support hose or anything for your legs?
I bought the one that was linked in this thread after reading reviews on Amazon. According to weight, I was a small, but I got a medium based on some reviews. I am glad I did because small would not have fit. My legs aren't too bad and it is too hot in VA for support hose so I don't wear them. I think it also helps with the pressure from the baby's head on your pelvis.

Good luck!
Aydinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #23
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay thank you! I will forsure check that one out as well... and thanks for the tip on the sizing. I know...the hose are so horribly hot during summer months, but during my last pregnancy I just dealt with it because they made such a difference on my energy level when I wore them! But, they didn't do much at all for the crotch veins... so maybe I can start with this support this time around and see how it goes. I have some super bad ones on my foot as well as leg... so wish there was a breathable option for support hose!!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #24
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only had vericose vains in my left leg with my first child, but now with my second pregnancy almost 6 years later I'm getting them in both legs. I'm really unhappy about it not only because they are painful, but because the ones I got with my son never really went away and now both my legs are ugly
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #25
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have vaginal vv's this time around and can't believe how painful they are. I try to take breaks and get my feet up and that helps. What helps the most though are the pp pads I bought from pampered mama on hc, they have ice packs. It is sweet relief!! Sorry I'm on my phone or I'd link to them.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #26
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolenutt View Post
I have vaginal vv's this time around and can't believe how painful they are. I try to take breaks and get my feet up and that helps. What helps the most though are the pp pads I bought from pampered mama on hc, they have ice packs. It is sweet relief!! Sorry I'm on my phone or I'd link to them.
Such a good tip Mama... I actually have a couple of those pads...but will remember that during this pregnancy...thank you
Old 06-26-2012, 02:57 AM   #27
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

http://www.discountsurgical.com/
They have really high quality, generic brand compression stockings for low prices. I got some off amazon that were really well reviewed but they didn't have enough room in the toes and they basically shredded after a month. I'm really happy with the ones from discount surgical and I even found open toe do I can still wear my flip flops!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #28
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been putting arnica on mine, seems to make them a little less irritated. I have been dealin with hemmeroids too (another form of varicose veins) and was just reading apple cider vinegar helps, so I am going to try that today.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #29
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma View Post
wearing an amber ankle bracelet helps my pain from vericose veins alot
Thanks for sharing this! I had a baby amber necklace just sitting in my bathroom cabinet that works as a bracelet, I'm wearing it right now, hopefully it will help
Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #30
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for this info Mama... this sounds really great! And I have never heard of open-toed hose!!...that's so good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama View Post
http://www.discountsurgical.com/
They have really high quality, generic brand compression stockings for low prices. I got some off amazon that were really well reviewed but they didn't have enough room in the toes and they basically shredded after a month. I'm really happy with the ones from discount surgical and I even found open toe do I can still wear my flip flops!