Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #61
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: a non-traditonal family here...

Cool, I am glad to see you have a place to post now

I may someday post here, we are looking at a few things, not quiet ready to associate it with my username since I am not so creative with my user name. Not ready to give my father pastor a premature heart attack if he gets too google friendly lol.

I may post as anonymous, not because I worry about you guys knowing it is me, but I like to keep my trail clean in the days of no internet transparency

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #62
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story. BTW, I could totally see myself in that type of relationship. I don't know why, I just can.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #63
boobmommi
Registered Users

My Mood:

My fiance and I have discussed the topic of multiple partner relationships in the past and with children it makes ALOT of sense. I dream of the day that I would have some help with the domestic side of things as well as an extra set of hands around the house during the day I could totally handle the sister wives thing no problem !!!! Thank you to everyone who shared their own little stories it's nice to know that others are doing what works best for their relationships and finding a healthy way to co-exist with others
Old 03-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #64
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmamaski View Post
I am so glad to see so many different people being supportive of different lifestyles! How refreshing. DH and I are as traditional as it gets, I suppose, but that's not our fault! lol. We just haven't found anybody else that we would want to include in our relationship. I think I'm much more open to it than he is, haha.

I agree with skolbut, everyone deserves a family, and just because it doesn't look like yours doesn't mean it's wrong. Love is love is love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DillyDay View Post
your right zenmamaski, everyone deserves a family, and everyone deserves to be loved, and feel loved. Maybe one day you will find that almost perfect person that will fit into your family like they were always there.
Yes and yes. Most definitely!
Old 03-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #65
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ahh i think that is going to be my siggy from now on.

also.. i love that this thread keeps going on and on!
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #66
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

this thread was interesting to read. i guess dh and i are traditional, although we have ocassionally chosen to add someone for a one night stand. i don't really like adding women (jealousy issue.) like i said we're pretty traditional, but we're also that couple that walks into the sex shop and leaves annoyed because there wasn't anything kinky enough for us. we also have become interested in exhibitionist type behavior and have discussed going to the ****** raves around miami lol. not sure if that makes us untraditional at all?
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #67
redthread47
Registered Users

This is my first week in an "open" relationship. Ideally, I would like a poly-v with DH and my SO but DH moved awfully quickly on the open thing this past week after I asked about it and has been hooking up with a coworker where he works out of state 4 days a week. I don't want random hookups, I want to be committed to DH and my SO but I don't feel like I can tell them they cant see other people. We did have a no coworker rule when were open (for a whole week) before I decided I liked the poly term better but he thinks it is ok because he starts in a new state after next week. This past week we had a "no sex" line, where we restricted any extracurricular activities to anything but sex/making love. He didn't think that was fair to the hypothetical other person. After my SO got out of the hospital Thursday, I realized I could be open to more based on how quickly things could escalate and DH had already voiced his opinion that the line was unrealistic. We have a don't ask don't tell policy because he isn't fond of SO but we did tell this week because he wanted to see how I would react. So now it is all on the table, he has another week with his coworker out of state who he has apparently liked for a year and then he is working closer to home but wants her to come work there too. If she does, there is potential for her to be his regular girlfriend. SO and I have been doing the "just friends" dance for 12 years after a brief time dating and I've been with DH for six years, married 5. I'm glad I have a place to post about this because none of my friends would understand, SO's mother is furious, my mom knows that DH has fooled around and still wants me to have more kids with him (which is physically impossible, if not also mentally) but I haven't told her yet that I'm trying to now have an actual relationship with SO who lives like two hours south. I think I would, as I've read on here an elsewhere from some of your experiences, have a baby with SO some day. There's no way I'm broaching that with DH at this point because we're a week and half in and I think that's just too much to chew at this point. We already agreed that we're not advertising this, although one of my friends sort of knows and DH is talking to his best friend about it today. I know SO has told people, but as long as it stays away from my son, as DH and I agreed that this isn't something we're explaining to the little one.

Last edited by redthread47; 05-27-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: posted from my phone with horrible spelling, made corrections
redthread47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #68
redthread47
Registered Users

Sorry for the bad spelling, I was posting from my phone and it really doesn't like editing posts before posting because the cursor jumps around. Sorry!
redthread47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #69
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redthread47 View Post
This is my first week in an "open" relationship. Ideally, I would like a poly-v with DH and my SO but DH moved awfully quickly on the open thing this past week after I asked about it and has been hooking up with a coworker where he works out of state 4 days a week. I don't want random hookups, I want to be committed to DH and my SO but I don't feel like I can tell them they cant see other people. We did have a no coworker rule when were open (for a whole week) before I decided I liked the poly term better but he thinks it is ok because he starts in a new state after next week. This past week we had a "no sex" line, where we restricted any extracurricular activities to anything but sex/making love. He didn't think that was fair to the hypothetical other person. After my SO got out of the hospital Thursday, I realized I could be open to more based on how quickly things could escalate and DH had already voiced his opinion that the line was unrealistic. We have a don't ask don't tell policy because he isn't fond of SO but we did tell this week because he wanted to see how I would react. So now it is all on the table, he has another week with his coworker out of state who he has apparently liked for a year and then he is working closer to home but wants her to come work there too. If she does, there is potential for her to be his regular girlfriend. SO and I have been doing the "just friends" dance for 12 years after a brief time dating and I've been with DH for six years, married 5. I'm glad I have a place to post about this because none of my friends would understand, SO's mother is furious, my mom knows that DH has fooled around and still wants me to have more kids with him (which is physically impossible, if not also mentally) but I haven't told her yet that I'm trying to now have an actual relationship with SO who lives like two hours south. I think I would, as I've read on here an elsewhere from some of your experiences, have a baby with SO some day. There's no way I'm broaching that with DH at this point because we're a week and half in and I think that's just too much to chew at this point. We already agreed that we're not advertising this, although one of my friends sort of knows and DH is talking to his best friend about it today. I know SO has told people, but as long as it stays away from my son, as DH and I agreed that this isn't something we're explaining to the little one.
Good luck! If you ever need advice or just an understanding ear PM me or email me.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #70
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am pretty traditional. I'm open to being the "hinge" in the V. I don't think DH would be very open to it though. I think it would be amazing to have that type of relationship. I've been friends with E for a few years and we dated a little, but nothing really got serious. He lives a couple hours away so I don't see him often. Then DH and I got married and had DD and E has been on the back burner. While we still talk from time to time I haven't seen him in at least a year.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote