Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Out of the kitchen

I need some great grilling recipes for summer. We grill a lot, like every other day or more, but I'm tired of the same dishes all the time. Share with me your favorite non seafood recipes please

I really prefer not to cook in the house during the summer cause it's just too hot and I love the smell of charcoal I also could use some good easy camping recipes since I'm so over hotdogs

Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
bananagrams
Registered Users
seller

Re: Out of the kitchen

Today we grilled zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, mushrooms, and onions on skewers, brushed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then we put the grilled vegs in pitas with hummus.

I also like grilled pizza, grilled chicken in Caesar or taco salad, and fajitas made on the grill.
bananagrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did some fun packet recipes last summer. I just put hamburger patties, potatoes and carrots in a foil packet with butter, salt and pepper and tossed on the grill. Turned out great.

My kids like kabobs. Chunks of chicken or beef, onion, tomatoes, peppers . . . whatever veggies you like.

We also enjoy sweet peppers filled with sausage and cooked on the grill. The rest of our grilling is pretty standard. Burgers, ribs, chicken, steak and whatnot.

I avoid using the oven at all costs in the summer. And on the upside, DH does all the grilling, so a meal on the grill is a meal I don't have to cook!!

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananagrams View Post
Today we grilled zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, mushrooms, and onions on skewers, brushed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then we put the grilled vegs in pitas with hummus.

I also like grilled pizza, grilled chicken in Caesar or taco salad, and fajitas made on the grill.
Can you please point me to a pizza how to? We have pizza almost every week and they're all homemade.I would love to try pizza over charcoal.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

theres a grilled pizza tutorial video on allrecipes. grill the dough till set, flip, top and wait for the cheese to melt. super easy.

Weve been buying the mini sweet peppers cutting the end off and stuffing them with a little shredded cheese then warming them on the grill till it melts. They would be amazing with pepperoni and pepper jack cheese or taco meat.

we do grilled mahi tacos, kalbi shortribs, bulgogi, carne asada, pollo asada, sometimes we buy flavored sausages my favorite currently is evergood pineapple sausage costco and WM carry it. We just toast it on the grill and slice it up.
ittybittycoconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
bananagrams
Registered Users
seller

We do what nikkicaligirl just described. We use homemade pizza dough and make them individually sized (maybe 6-8" in diameter?). We have the sauce and toppings ready to go out by the grill and after one side is cooked, each person tops their own pizzas.
bananagrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Got an email today about grilling recipes and thought of this thread.

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/heal...EBA_2012_05_23

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
pgstewart
Registered Users
seller

Grilled peppers (olive oil, salt, pepper), grilled acorn squash and grilled sweet potatoes are some of our favorites here
pgstewart is offline   Reply With Quote