Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
Puimomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I passed the 1 hour test but my doctor wanted me to do the 3 hours ones because my number was at 132 which he said it wasn't good enough since someone in my family has diabetes and I have a high risk pregnancy. I also passed the second time. Try to think positive, there is nothing to be worried about and eat healthy.

Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Failed 1 hour glucose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
After I failed mine the doctor said next pregnancy to avoid fruit 48 hours before just in case. Plums did me in
Yeah, you'd think they'd tell you these things BEFORE you do the test, grrrr.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeineLiebe View Post
I failed my 1 hour & passed the 3. During the 3 hour I drank a lot of water & went to the bathroom. Some doctors let you do that, but some don't.
Yeah, I asked if I could have water during the fast for the 3hr test(midnight til test 8:30) She said, "a couple sips, but not anything more than that." I thought most fasts you could have water and black coffee. :/I don't thikn I can go that long without drinking water... eating no problem, but if I don't have water I get gaggy even not pregnant. Good news is the nurse is a jerk wad (and only one who works with the doc, who s super nice!! and the nurse won't be there the day of my fast, so hopefully she will let me have water during it.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #14
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My doctor sent me for an early glucose test at 16 weeks because the baby seemed too large in an ultrasound and my test result came back okay. I asked to drink water with the nasty sugar syrup because I kept dry heaving. They let me drink water and walk around and it really helped. I'm going for another 1 hr test in a few weeks and I'm not looking forward to it either. Good luck.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #15
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

with my first ds, they told me to fast before the test, and I failed. it was at a military hospital. they told me I passed, but I knew by the number that it was a fail and called them on it. I shouldn't have, but was paranoid and didn't want to have a gigantic baby. I passed the three hour.

with my second ds, non military doc, they told me I could eat breakfast before coming in, just make sure it was low sugar. I passed the one hour with flying colors!

I don't think it makes sense to fast before a test like that. your body goes into starvation mode, and anything you consume after fasting will be held b/c your body doesn't know when it's next meal is coming, and processes it slower. your body won't process the sugar as it normally would.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #16
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

I have HG and have failed the 1 hour with my last 3 pregnancies. The 3 hour is torture. Trying not to vomit.

My last pregnancy I researched alternatives to the test but the head nurse refused and I couldn't leave the practice. This pregnancy if I fail it the OB I'm with now is more open to checking bs levels and doing things that way. You might look it up online print it out and take it to your dr.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #17
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

I didn't "make it". I had been gagging feeling completely horrible the first hour. I went to go lay in my car, my alarm went off to go back inside of a blood draw, and as soon as I sat up it was pretty much instant vomitting, barely even got my truck door open. I had a clear lemon lime flavor, and I puked until that was completely covered in my neon green bile. The doc (oly one working said) that because I held it down for over 40 minutes she would still continue to test me and not make me re do it. Still feeling completely sick to my stomach and on the verge of tossing cookies, but the good news is I get my results in the morning, and it's over.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #18
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
164 is high for the 1 hr. the cut off is 149. I fasted and had a count of 93 at the end of the hour. I hope you pass the 3 hr!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #19
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoly82 View Post
164 is high for the 1 hr. the cut off is 149. I fasted and had a count of 93 at the end of the hour. I hope you pass the 3 hr!
thanks I hope so too, I'm hoping barfing helped (sounds bad because if there is a problem I'd love to know) but my doctor's office 1 hr cut off was 134, so I mean I REALLY failed.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #20
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had GD with my recent pregnancy. My 1 hour number was in the 170's, I think. I also failed 2 out of the 3 portions of the 3 hour test. My diabetes educator told me that they now diagnose GD by only failing 1 of the 4 values instead of 2? I'm not so sure how wide spread this is yet, but if that's the case, why even do a 3 hour! If you can't pass the 1 hour with a 50 gram load, you surely won't pass it with a 75 gram load.

I was not very strict with my diet and baby was only 7#8 oz's and my sugars were pretty stable, so no big deal.

Good luck!