Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Toddler with a cough and a newborn?

I know that I am really good at freaking out over things that aren't really a big deal...so just looking for some other opinions.

Dd1 (almost 22mo) has had a dry cough for 4 days. No other symptoms except for a little bit of sneezing. I did check her temp today and it was 99.1 which I guess the dr won't count as a fever, but it is a little high for her. She's acting normal aside from the cough. She'll just cough out of nowhere for a couple of seconds a few times a day, and I hear her once in the middle of the night each night.

I also have a 1 week old. I'm trying to keep dd1 out of her face, but I'm not completely seperating them. Should I be? How worried would you be? I'm really hesitant to take my toddler to the dr because I don't want to bring anything else home.

Advertisement

CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Toddler with a cough and a newborn?

I wouldn't be worried at all. My newborn didn't pick up anything from her older sister at all. It was only after she started going to daycare at 12mos that she got sick all the time. Keep the toddler off the new baby as much as possible, but many kids have survived sick siblings.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Toddler with a cough and a newborn?

Could it be allergies?

My DD never was born in November, and DS seemed to catch a lot of bugs in the few months after she was born, but she never got sick at all.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote