Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Easy raw food recipes

I'm trying to incorporate more raw food cooking in our diet. But most of the raw food recipes call for expensive ingredients like nuts or hard to find ingredients or equipment such as dehydrator, or spiral pasta maker thing. We're on a budget. Does anyone have any good recipes that don't call for those things or can recommend a good cook book?

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
just1more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Easy raw food recipes

Well most raw food meals use some kind of nuts. I think easy raw foods would be salads. I found a spiralizer at Ross for $10, and I use that for zucchini pasta. Smoothie's are easy.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Easy raw food recipes

I just use a regular peeler for some things. I don't buy many nuts because they are just too expensive, but I do eat a lot of salads. And I took a book out from the library recently that I actually renewed because although I don't plan on ever doing 100% raw, I wanted to try some of her recipes. The book is called "Eat Smart Eat Raw" and subtitled "Creative Vegetarian Recipes for a Healthier Life" by Kate Wood.
Some things are pretty easy like instead of using bread or wraps for a sandwich you can use a Romaine lettuce leaf or cabbage leaf.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote