Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Make-up.... What age

Depends on the makeup and the kid. I wore concealer early on to hide dark circles under my eyes. I have no problem with tastefully applied concealer, light colored lip balms, etc. even on preteens. Other stuff, if I had a dd (which I don't and likely won't) would wait until 13-14 at least and come with a lesson on how to apply it so as not to look like a hooker. Actually I know some adults who could use that lesson also..

anne, the wahm formerly known as zephyrclothdiapers (now retired) + josh (the dh) = ds1 06/04 & ds2 09/10
~ never forgetting our ^i^ 08/03
done biologically, working on adopting from foster care
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:42 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
I was 12 or 13 when I started wearing clear mascara and lip gloss. Probably 14 for real mascara and eye shadow. But I've never been one to wear makeup every day. I just don't like spending time on it. Once in a while it's fun

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
mamatoclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:23 AM   #13
Registered Users
My girls were allowed lipgloss at 10. Regular makeup at 13
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #14
Registered Users
I guess Jr. High school. That's when I started wearing it. I remember many girls t school that were not allowed to wear make-up so they snuck it to school or borrowed from others and put it on total hooker style in the school bathroom. I would rather my DD wear something tasteful that I know about, even if it's a little younger than I like. At this point I hope she stays tomboyish and doesn't want to wear it.
Alanna is Mama to DD Sequoia (8/8/07), DS Callum (12/12/12) DKitties Syd & Emily (4/4/03)
psylion is offline   Reply With Quote