Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
TutuEmily
Registered Users

My Mood:
best pump?

I need some pump advice. I have narrowed it down to three: Medela Pump in Style Advanced, the Hygeia EnJoye LBI, and the Ameda Purely Yours Ultra. Hygeia also offers EnDeare rental for $25 a month(which I could consider.) I would rather purchase since I don't know how long I will be using it. I need one that works well many times each and every day. I will be going back to school really quickly after the baby is born so I need something that I can start using just about 3 weeks after delivery. I like that the Hygeia and Ameda are closed systems so I could sell them later if I wanted; however, Medela parts and accessories can be found everywhere--which would be highly convenient.

I've been looking into them over the internet, and I don't really see anything that stands out as fabulous over the others. I am planning ahead since lo isn't due until July. I need a workhorse of a pump. I need help. Thanks!

PS I've heard from a lactation consultant not to buy a Freestyle yet since it still has so many kinks to work out, and I've recently heard about Hygeia pumps having problems. They are all about the same price and close features so can anyone just RAVE about one over the other?

Advertisement

TutuEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
tmunky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not much help since I only have experience with the ameda pump, but I really like it. I have the ultra? I think. It came with a couple different sized horns and a manual pump for just case situations. I went with that one because it is a closed system. With that said, you are right, medela parts seem to be more readily avail able. I think that they are both good pumps, it just depends on what you are looking for
tmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
TutuEmily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: best pump?

Thanks for the input.
TutuEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

For budget reasons I got the nuk electric single. I LOVED it. Too bad my 3 year old threw it in the toilet (!!!?!?!?!?) and it broke. But I didn't need it much anymore. I was still mad though.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Jacobsmommy13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have Medela Pump in Style Advance its very reliable. I pump exclusively for a month when my son is born. It helps me alot for the first couple weeks of pain. This Pump is awesome.
Jacobsmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have the Ameda and was pleased with it. It pumped a decent amount of milk. I used it for about two months. The only reason I quit using it wast work supplies a Madela Symphony in the pumping room. But anyway, the closed system on the Ameda was a big plus for me.

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

U can get off craigslist cheaper medela. I think medela best. I heard lots of issues with non medela pumps like it hurt & stuff.....I got personal pump. I see pumps in consign stores too.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
supermansmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I rented a medela lactina when my swing broke. Worked well