|Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|05-31-2012, 02:53 PM||#1|
Kohl's $5 gift code. **TRADED**
=== Book for parents of teens. $8 ppd each or both for $15PPD ====
a) The "What's Happening to my Body" Book for Girls. A growing up guide for parents and daughters. Paperback, Lynda Madaras, illustrated. Bestseller. Asking $7.
The best book on puberty for 9-15 year old girls completely updated for the first time in 12 years! Selected as a "Best Book for Young Adults" by the American Library Association--The classic puberty education book for 9-15 year-old girls (over 500,000 copies sold). Large-scale study indicates that puberty begins in girls even earlier than previously believed. Age appropriate-language, the book covers the body's changing size and shape, breasts, the reproductive organs, the menstrual cycle, pubic hair, and includes a full chapter on puberty in boys. Reacting to the thousands of letters Madaras receives from kids all over the world, with a multitude of questions, as well as with new research data, she has made changes as follows:
* more discussion on when a girl will begin puberty
* more on the emotional and physical development and how that compares to other girls of the same age. Also what to do with unwanted attention because of early development
* new sections on diet, exercise, and health, with help on avoiding weight problems and eating disorders; avoiding unhealthy uses of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco
* discussion of the " female athletic syndrome"
* more practical advice on products from treating acne to menstruation protection to sports bras
* internet resources that will guide the younger and older girls to more explicit, appropriate-to-their-age information on romance, sex, contraception, STDs, pregnancy, and multiple births.
b) Adolescence: the Survival Guide for Parents and Teenagers. Hardback with dust jacket. Elizabeth Fenwick and Dr. Tony Smith. Asking $8.
This guide discusses the trouble spots of growing up, examining two viewpoints: the adolescent's and the parents'. Offering practical, problem-solving scenarios, the book gives advice on a whole range of important issues such as rebelliousness, drug-taking, eating disorders and teenage pregnancies. Taking a positive view of adolescence as a turbulent but exciting time, this book aims to bridge the generation gap and establish a higher level of understanding between often bewildered parents and their equally confused teenage children. The book includes case histories which should help to illustrate and solve problems. Clear and succinct advice boxes are provided, as well as conversational guides for helping parents discuss difficult problems. The guide also contains questionaires for parents, including questions such as "what kind of parent are you?" and for teenagers, including questions such as "what kind of friend are you?"
Take each for $8PPD $9PPD or MMAO if you want more than one!!
=========== cookbooks ==============
Only China Moon left below. 250 homestyle recipes from the chef of San Francisco's acclaimed Chinese bistro. Barbara Tropp.
**SOLD** ==== New CR Gibson Scrapbooking/Photo album =====
Sorry for upside down photo.
Still has $26.95 price tag on it. Asking $15PPD.
==== Hit pop artist CD albums from the eighties and nineties =======
$5 each unless otherwise noted. MMAO on lots! Add cheap shipping to the total, pm with zipcode for quote. All originals, in cases with jackets.
- The Best of George Michael - Ladies & Gentlemen, best of, 2 disc set ($11)
- Ninety-Eight Degrees (98 degrees) - the collection
- Back Street Boys: The Hits, chapter 1
- Michael W. Smith: the first decade
- S.O.A.P. Hits
- Michael Bolton, greatest hits
- Richard Marx: Greatest Hits
Other ($2 each)
- Secret Garden soundtrack
- Made in America (Whoopi) soundtrack
- Classics Go To the Movies collection
Ellen, part-time freelancing SAHM to Diane('06), Ryan('08), Darren('10); wife to the best man in the world, Jake.
Trade with me - I have and need LOTS:
Last edited by expaik; 01-10-2013 at 09:44 PM.