Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2012, 05:10 AM   #31
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Personal parenting fail # bajillion

I drove all the way home from the grocery store with DD3 unbuckled. At least he told you he was free

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #32
Gita
Registered Users
Formerly: MiamiBaby
seller

My Mood:

If I am at a restaurant (or starbies) or something, I unbuckle DS and release the straps in his infant seat so he's less confined and more comfy. It was cold the other day, so I covered him with a blanket. And - you guessed it - left him covered up with the blanket but not acutally buckled into the seat as we drove home.

You're not a bad mom, it happens to the best of us.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #33
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Which is worse? The other day we got somewhere and my daughter whispers " mommy I need underwear". Yeah. I put a dress on her and forgot the undies...
Old 05-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #34
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516
Which is worse? The other day we got somewhere and my daughter whispers " mommy I need underwear". Yeah. I put a dress on her and forgot the undies...
Hahahaha!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #35
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Oh my gosh. You don't know how much better I feel after reading this. I mean, I still feel awful, but not as stupid...lol

Today I went to meet with a lady at our wedding venue and had DD with me. I had taken her out of her bucket and was holding her. When I needed to get something from my bag, I laid her in her seat....then as the meeting ended I totally forgot I had just laid her in her seat...put the bucket in the car and drove off.

When I got to my next stop (which was luckily only 1 minute down the road) I was taking the stroller out of the trunk and looking at DD in the back seat when I noticed she was positioned weird in her seat...and then it hit me.

I wanted to die. I felt so sick to my stomach. All the scenarios started going through my head -- what if I got into an accident?? What if she fell out of the seat on to the pavement or down the stairs while I was taking her to the car???

Worst. Feeling. Ever.
Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #36
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keowilliams View Post
I've done this. When DS1 was newborn, we were leaving my mom's. I tucked him into the bucket seat, and then while my mom and I were still talking, tucked his blankets around him. I never did up the straps! I didn't realize until I got home and pulled off the blankets. I felt terrible. Thank God nothing happened.

AND I've also done this. When DD was 2 months old we were travelling AN HOUR to DH's parent's. It was winter ...I put DD in the seat, tucked the blankets and didn't realize until I arrived at our inlaws that she wasn't buckled in. Luckily my MIL calmed me down and reminded me that things like that sometimes happen.

I can't believe I've had carseat issues twice now

Last edited by Urchin; 05-31-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #37
CM6755
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You do not suck as a mom....period. I have done this too. You didn't sell your kids formula for crack or heroine...or burn your kids with cigarettes or let your boyfriends have thier way with them...those moms suck...a mom who got frazzled and didn't buckle the seat...nope...not sucking at all...chances are now that you will never forget again...so look on the bright side... big hug