View Poll Results: Should I let my 4 year old daughter ride the bus?
You're wacky - let the girl ride the bus! 21 12.50%
It's okay mama, driving her to school is acceptable 147 87.50%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #101
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: Poll: Am I a terrible, mean mother?

I don't think you're crazy at all. I actually got over ruled by my DH and DD- she has wanted to ride a bus since the first time she ever saw the big yellow thing in all its glory. Her first kindergarten (moved half way through the year) didn't offer transportation, so I picked her up. Then, when we moved she begged (6 yo) to go on the bus, and I told her I didn't think it was a good idea, my husband on the otherhand thought it was something she should get to experience. So, she rides the bus- now here though all the grades k-12 ride on the same bus which makes me so uncomfortable, but they have a bus driver and then a "supervisor??" and the littles sit in the first three rows in assigned seats which makes me feel a little better. I'm still not 100% comfortable with it, but she still loves the experience.

ETA: i sent her with two pieces of paper with all of our contact info phones/ addy. one in her pocket one in bookbag, but she actually came home the first two weeks with a name tag with all of her info on it.

Advertisement

Last edited by champatlife; 05-31-2012 at 08:43 PM.
champatlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #102
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't read all the responses, but I think you'd be crazy to let your child ride on the bus. I hope I will be in a position where I can drive my daughter to school when the time comes.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #103
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
I didn't read all the responses, but I think you'd be crazy to let your child ride on the bus. I hope I will be in a position where I can drive my daughter to school when the time comes.
You should read all the responses. Thanks for calling me crazy. My girls ride the bus and have when they started K. They love it and there aren't any problems.