Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 2011 Mamas - May chat! Happy Birthday!

I stupidly tried the no-poo while I was pregnant..and the baking soda made me vomit in the shower...of course everything made me vomit while pregnant with twins! Keep us updated on your transition Julia...I'm interested in knowing how it goes. And Happy Birthday to your little one!

I hope you are feeling better Justineybean! Happy Birthay to yours too! I'm sure she loved her Waldof doll...partially finished or not!

A is finally up on her hands and knees rocking back and forth. They both imitate a ton of sounds. J has a new game where she will throw her hands in the air when I say hop-la! I speak French to them most of the time so it will be fun to hear whether they speak that or English first. The other day I had a crying day and cannot believe how blessed we are that they are doing so well. They are miracles.

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #22
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

How are our babies a YEAR old?!?!?! I was so, so, so, sad for her birthday. Very bittersweet to say she is a year old, I feel like she just came into this world!

DD started walking on the 6th, 6 days before her birthday. Amazing, considering she didn't start crawling until almost 10 months!! She is still wobbly but she goes a little farther each day!

She is still nursing, maybe 5-6 times a day. Still wakes up frequently, but goes down easy right at 7 and sleeps a decent stretch until 11ish. After that, its a crapshoot. I'm working on nightweaning, so maybe that will help.

She weighs 23.5 lbs... My big girl. Wearing mostly 24mo/2t clothes. Some 18 mos outfits still fit, thankfully. I doubt she will slim down, her daddy wore 3t by 18 mos and she is clearly his spawn.

Her party was crazy. Just had a crawfish boil/BBQ at the house, and all of our Coast Guard family showed up. It was our first time hosting a party, and I felt like a chicken with my head cut off running around! But it was great to know my baby is so loved by her surrogate CG family.

We are heading out of the country this week!! DD is coming along, as are my parents. DDs godparents are getting married, finally! I will post pics when we get back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120520_224519.jpg (5.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120520_224558.jpg (5.9 KB, 38 views)

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #23
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

I posted a pic of my last week being pregnant. Here is one yesterday with her first ponytail! And her "relaxing" this morning while I was waking up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120520_224757.jpg (5.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120520_224904.jpg (9.1 KB, 43 views)

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenebean214 View Post
I posted a pic of my last week being pregnant. Here is one yesterday with her first ponytail! And her "relaxing" this morning while I was waking up.
Cute cute cute! I love the "ponytail" pic
Old 05-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #25
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon

Cute cute cute! I love the "ponytail" pic
Me too!! She is so sweet!!

It's hard to believe just around a year ago we were all still pregnant!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #26
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Greenebean-- so glad your DD had a nice party and that your family has so many people to count on to make it a special day for her. she's such a cutie! Can't believe she's walking already--so much fun!

Watermelon--Thanks for the encouragement. that's so exciting about the pre-crawling and babbling!! yay girls!

My DS is home with a fever today so we are just hanging around in our PJs. Not sure if I'll get dressed today lol! DH has vacation next week and I'm really looking forward to our family getting some time together. Because we had DD's party before, we didn't end up doing anything special on her actual birthday which made me feel sad. I'm going to do things differently next year. I did get her doll almost finished though and she loves her even without any hair. hope everyone's having a nice week so far!!

Last edited by justineybean; 05-23-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #27
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quick checking in!

I thought about being sad for DS turning 1, but honestly, I didn't. I was so happy to have made it through the first year without going crazy and STILL nursing despite all the issues we had in the beginning!

Leaving Saturday for our cruise so I'll be MIA. DS's party went well - it rained a bunch but there was a fireplace in the pavilion we rented so we did s'mores. Had good food and friends and family. DS got some good wooden toys, so we swapped out the old ones with the new ones.

I caved and washed my hair today. I should have tried the baking soda rinse but since we're going on vacation I wanted to start with clean hair. And my hair was just starting to feel nasty. I think NOT rinsing it would have been better. Or the baking soda rinse. Watermelon - interesting that the baking soda made you puke when you were pregnant! That was the most of my reminiscing about DS turning 1 - thinking about all the things that made me feel ick. And all the delicious carb-laden things I let myself eat.

Hope you all have a great rest of your month! See you in June!
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #28
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Julia--have a great trip! Be safe! So glad your DS had a nice 1st birthday and got some sweet gifts.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #29
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
There is now a thread for June -- see you there!