Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #31
cehurley81
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newbie wondering trimmest cloth option?

the trimmest option i have ever had is a cotton flat, i used kite fold, and a cover. BGE and grovia AIO are also very trim. for fitteds, itti bitti boos and elbees are very trim.

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #32
vansen19
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i've used small padfolded flats in gdiapers (med/large). also made my own "gcloth"=have stay dry effect but made of bamboo/cotton blends.
vansen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #33
dizzy_lizard
Registered Users
seller

Update for this thread based on my experience so far...

IMO...No AIO or pocket diaper is as trim as a cover with hemp insert! I use some WAHM "Fluff Stuff" covers with Thirsties or Best Bottom hemp inserts and I haven't found ANYTHING trimmer.

For trim AIOs we've tried: Peachy Green and Bottombumpers--supposedly the trimmest of all AIOs (from what I've been told) and they still weren't trim enough to beat a cover and hemp insert!

SO, I'm open to hearing other opinions if you think you have a trimmer option!!
dizzy_lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #34
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My trimmest option is a BG 4.0 pocket with 1 alva bamboo insert. It would be even trimmer with a sized diaper and not a one-size, but just having 1 thin insert really helps.

Gdiapers were pretty trim for us but we had leaks.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #35
bensmommy11
Registered Users
seller

I'm new to CD too and I'm about to try the Best Bottoms with hemp inserts on DS who is almost 9 months old. I don't like poofy diapers and was on a week-long search online to find the trimmest option for my DS and so many people recommended these. I also bought two Thirsties AIOs and they fit under his clothes really nicely and I love the colors and how easy it is to put on him (I know the velcro will wear faster than the snaps but he's a wiggler and it's so super easy to put on him!).

I'll see how I like the BB with hemp inserts starting tomorrow. They've been washed five times today and I can't wait to use them. Is it normal that they pill during the wash? Will the pilling go away? I have a two week trial with Nicki's Diapers and I'm hoping over the next few washings it will get better before I make my decision to keep or send back. I LOVE how trim they are though...another question I had about hemp was I heard it was very absorbent but it doesn't wick moisture away like the Stay Dry inserts...so how long can a baby go in a diaper with a hemp insert?
bensmommy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #36
dizzy_lizard
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensmommy11 View Post
I'll see how I like the BB with hemp inserts starting tomorrow. They've been washed five times today and I can't wait to use them. Is it normal that they pill during the wash? Will the pilling go away? I have a two week trial with Nicki's Diapers and I'm hoping over the next few washings it will get better before I make my decision to keep or send back. I LOVE how trim they are though...another question I had about hemp was I heard it was very absorbent but it doesn't wick moisture away like the Stay Dry inserts...so how long can a baby go in a diaper with a hemp insert?
Hi Mama!

I use BB with hemp also. The pilling is normal and no, it doesn't really go away. It doesn't bother me, though. They must be dried in the dryer though. Line drying makes them so crispy!

Yes, these are very trim! They are also quite absorbent. I get around the wicking thing by using a fleece liner over the insert. This helps to dispose of the poo as well. I bought some fleece at Wal-Mart and cut them to the size I wanted. Super cheap and does the trick!

How long you go between changes depends on the baby. My DD can go 2-3 hours quite easily in a BB hemp insert.

Good luck on your cloth diaper hunt!
dizzy_lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #37
bensmommy11
Registered Users
seller

LOVE my Best Bottoms!!! They are so super trim even with the stay dry inserts (the hemp is nice and trim and I love the look, esp. under clothes, but it's not ideal if your baby hates feeling the wetness). I'll be getting some FB perfect size mediums in this week, I can't wait to try them, they look pretty trim for a pocket diaper.
bensmommy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #38
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hemp is what makes the difference. Double micro is what makes the diaper fat. I use a hemp + a micro. Double micro is what makes the diaper fat. I use a hemp + a micro. So everything I'm talking about is using a hemp+micro. (all of the following are pockets). The trimmest is Babykicks, FB OS Elite (but narrow, so if you have a chunk I'm not sure how that would fit), Simplex AIO, and gDiapers. I think that most people who get leaks with gDiapers haven't fully prepped the hemp (which all hemp needs 10+ washes to really work great) or have a bad fit. It's easy to get a bad fit with a gDiaper. Sized diapers are trimmer than OS because you don't have the snap bulk.
lakemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #39
LaineBB
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy_lizard View Post
Has anyone tried the BumWare Extreme (BMX) AIOs? They are said to be trim...
I have one that a friend gave me to try, it's very trim and has performed well so far. It also dries fast. Still trying to figure out what's best though! I don't think I could afford to do them exclusively. I also use flats pinned under bummies covers, but even though the flat is trim the cover seems to bulk things up a lot.
LaineBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #40
LaineBB
Registered Users

I used G-diapers exclusively with my first, but only with their flushable inserts. Which means they were expensive to use. The inserts also bunch up and the liners are a mess and leak really easily. With the new babe I've been trying hemp and cotton prefolds and flannel soakers in them in different combinations but no luck yet. Every BM leaks.. blah. Also the elastic isn't as comfortable on his tummy.
LaineBB is offline   Reply With Quote