Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #21
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have kids 15-18 months apart? Pics? Advice?

My littles are 19 months apart. I personally would not do/recommend that spacing again. I feel like I got robbed of enjoying his toddlerhood because I was busy with a newborn. I really feel there wasn't enough time for me to love him before I had to divide my love again...(I know I know, you never really "divide" your love between children, but you get what I mean?)
My first two were three years apart. I actually preferred this span.

Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #22
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

My middled are 13.5 months apart. The older is a boy and he is soooo protective of his sister. His sister is a little stinker and know it. But yes they were hard in the begining, dh and i tended to divide and conquer a lot. But now they are super best friends. I tell everyone if they know they want several to space them close because it really is an amazing bond to warch.

My sister and i are 17 months apart, but with birthdates 2 yrs apart in school, this worked well for us too.

My dad is one of 4 boys, all the boys were born no more than 14 months apart from the next...my grandma says it was a wild ride but she loved it too...she also saysvto have kids in "pairs" ...one of the brothers died when he was 12 (horseriding accident) and she said that gap made it harder and made some 2 on 1 disputes.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
SkyeSpade
Registered Users
seller

ForumRunner_20120604_102038.jpg

Here is a picture of my boys 17 months apart. I apologize if anyone is uncomfortable with DS2 nursing, but this really represents how my day goes lol.

DS1 was super independent before the baby was born. I used to sit down with him to play or read and he would walk away. Every time. Now he is much more demanding of my time, since he has competition.

He pushes his brother over, lays on him, steals his toys, cups, food, etc. on the opposite side, he also is constantly trying to hug him, share toys with him, and trade food and drink. I had to relax on my food allowances for the baby real fast when his brother started dumping cake on the high chair tray!

It was nice, because the baby came when DS1 was old young enough that he doesn't remember it being just him. My SIL says that her daughter (a year older than DS1) has been struggling with hating her mother for bringing a new baby into the house (3 months ago). And I think no matter what the age difference, a little boy would probably try to wrestle his little brother, so at least he's only 35 lbs instead of 45. But he's younger, so it its harder to get him to mind. The older he gets, the better he gets.

Oh, and they share clothes sometimes. Most woolies fit both boys, and they are only 1-2 sizes away from one another.

Having both can be very demanding on your time. Trying to sweep the kitchen while your 2yo had a meltdown that you put all the chairs on the table and your crawling infant tries to play in your dirt pile......let's just say my house could be cleaner lol.

At this point, I'm glad I had them this close together. I couldn't imagine anything else.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #24
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Mine are 19 mths apart. DD is very babyish still but she did/does great! I think she was too young for true jealousy when ds was born and now he is just so much a part of the family! dd helps with him...brings his burp rags, 'helps' change diapers, ect.

DD will be 2 in 2 days (gotta soak up those last daysI can say she is one) And ds is 4.5 mths.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbabies View Post
DD will be 2 in 2 days (gotta soak up those last daysI can say she is one) And ds is 4.5 mths.

Adorable picture! LOVE all the pictures, ladies! They make my heart melt.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #26
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Here's an extremely awkward picture of the three of them when the youngest was about 2-3 months old:

Last summer:

And the most recent one of the two so close in age:

They really, really love each other and are very close. My two that are so close in age really stick together and stick up for each other and take care of each other now. I have to watch DS2 to make sure he doesn't get himself in trouble for defending his "princess." (his words.)
ADORABLE!!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #27
agzip03
Registered Users

My two girls are 14 months apart. I like e them being so close together. They are starting to play together and feel each others feelings. We have to wait to add to the family because of plans for next summer, but the next time we add I hope to do the back to back thing as well. Heck, we already have two cribs.
agzip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #28
emerino
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily

Anyone have kids 15-18 months apart? How did it go? How did big brother or sister do? Do you have pics you would like to share? Thanks!!
Here! First two 14-1/2 mos apart. I wouldn't have it any other way! The first 6 months were the hardest and it took 2 years for me to be ready to try for the 3rd. But I'd do it all over again. In fact, I have a 4mo and I hope I get preggo with my first cycle again. My kids (girl then boy) are the best of friends. My brother was 13 mos older than me and I loved growing up with a sibling so close.

Dd had a 2 week adjustment period where she would hit me when I told her no, but that was it. She adjusted just fine.

Here's them at 2yo and 1yo. They were doing the same thing today. I wish I got a picture today.

Attachment 107584

Getting married

Attachment 107585

The other day, being silly

Attachment 107586

Last edited by emerino; 07-04-2012 at 09:03 AM.
emerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #29
emerino
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkay724
1 and 2 are 7 years apart. HUGE adjustment period there. 2 and 3 are only 14 months. Tough in the beginning but it worked itself out. They are very close now.
A-DOR-A-BLE!!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #30
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My first two are 13 months apart. I got plenty of grief from people about it, but I wouldn't change it. I love the bond they have. I don't think either one suffered from or were neglected by their closeness in age.

Sure I'm busy, but it works for us. I just take it one day at a time. How do they say it? My hands are almost as full as my heart