Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
patagonia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for all knitting mamas

Both MMR and BBR make wonderful heavy winter sweaters, and while I don't endorse it I will admit to throwing both in the washer and not having much felting at all.

Superwash bases hold up really well to heavy washing and do not pil as much as Gaia/BFL. I find that the fluffy non-superwash bases are the worst for sweaters.

Advertisement

patagonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
bajanmummaofABC
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for all knitting mamas

I have been in knit sweater land for a while as DD PL'd a long time ago I like superwash for my DD. I absolutely ADORE MadelineTosh yarns, they knit and wear gorgeously!! My DS has some sensory issues and can't do most wools, but I am going to try some cestari for him. I am making him a fish hat first to try it out, and if he can tolerate that I am going to start buying up cestari off spot's(already have a few I snagged). I would think any base would work.....just don't let your DH do the laundry. Mine just last week shrunk a kenna button top to about a 6 month size As long as you are OK with laundering the diapering bases by hand then I would use anything you want. And as a PP said, some of the diapering wools will wear just as well as a superwash.