Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #21
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Using up LOTS of eggs?

lasagna also freezes well. I use the traditional recipe by Hodgson Mills. I freeze before baking. When I want to use it I either pull it out the day before let thaw and bake according to recipe directions or place frozen in the oven(make sure to cover or cheese will burn before it is done) bake at 300 degrees for 3-4 hours. It takes a long time to bake when going in frozen.

Spaghetti sauce also freezes well if you make your own from scratch. We do due to allergies.

chili mac also freezes well. I cook this completely on the stove top. Then I put it into an aluminum disposable pan cool completely then add shredded cheese on top cover and freeze. This also requires it be covered when baking because the cheese will burn or another option is to freeze a bag of cheese with the pan and put the cheese on when the pan is done baking or hot through and through.(it is already cooked the baking is only to reheat it) the heat of the food usually melts the cheese but it will not brown the cheese.

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #22
MamandÉlise&Muriel
Registered Users
Formerly: Mamandelise
seller

Re: Using up LOTS of eggs?

Angel food cake and tiramisu use a lot of eggs too, so you could make a few cakes and freeze them for later
MamandÉlise&Muriel is offline   Reply With Quote