Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
amberartall
Registered Users
seller

Re: i HATE my stepsons bio mom!

My dad did that stuff to me when I was a kid, never calling me, forgetting my Bday, then when he actually did talk to me he would say he was coming to visit or had gifts and never did either. It made me really sad. But my mom was very sweet and loving and she got me through it. Now we are very close and I'm very thanksful I had her to be there for me! Just keep on being there and loving him and he will be okay mama! Much love!

Advertisement

amberartall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: i HATE my stepsons bio mom!

I have been through this. It's awful. Biological parents who feel as though they have something to "prove" to their kids are the worst. They have to "prove" their love because the child does not see it on a daily basis. There was a long time where DSD's bio mom and I hated each other. She was mean and hateful. TERRIBLE. She sounds a lot like your son's bio mom. A LOT. We have finally gotten to the point where we are mostly on the same page however I still don't trust her, especially on the financial side of taking care of DSD. But it's better for DSD that we are on the same page, especially now that she is almost a teen and manipulating every side. The only problem that still remains is that her bio grandma is an evil witch and she tries to instigate fights between me and bio mom. She is also crazy. Have you ever met a "Christian" who is so mean and hate filled and hypocritical? Well, that's her times 2000000000000. Anyway, best thing to do is NEVER to say anything negative because the child will find a way to resent you about it. Been there done that a million times. Even things that are not meant in a negative way seem that way to the child. Because they don't want to resent bio parents who they will always love with all their hearts, it's easier to resent the replacement. (us) Even though they love us and that's all they know. There will be resentment because we didn't biologically have them. It takes a lot of work and love to get past it. Especially when the bio parents neglect them so often.
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote