Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
SomeThing
Registered Users
seller

Cloth wipes?

Some questions about cloth wipes:
1. What are the best kind to get?
2. Where can I find the best deals on wipes? What would you consider a good price?
3. How many wipes do you have? What would you consider the minimum number to get? Optimal?
4. How do you wash them?
5. Do you use them dry or just keep a tub of water by the changing table?

Advertisement

SomeThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeThing
Some questions about cloth wipes:
1. What are the best kind to get?
2. Where can I find the best deals on wipes? What would you consider a good price?
3. How many wipes do you have? What would you consider the minimum number to get? Optimal?
4. How do you wash them?
5. Do you use them dry or just keep a tub of water by the changing table?
1) baby washcloths
2) Walmart or thrift stores
3) a gazillion! I would say 30 is a good amount.
4) the same way I wash the dipes
5) I take them to the sink and wet a couple before a change.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
staceylb24
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cloth wipes?

I mainly use Grovia cloth wipes. I bought 2 dozen from Amazon, I think they were $9-$10 per dozen. I also use some wahm made wipes, but usually only when I run out of the Grovias. I wash them with the cloth diapers, no need to sort . I fill up a plastic disposable wipes container with cloth wipes. You can buy a wipes solution or spray but I just make my own with warm water and baby shampoo/wash which I already have.

I was on the fence at first, but once I started using cloth wipes I love them.
staceylb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #4
staceylb24
Registered Users
seller

I forgot to mention the wipes in the plastic container are wet with the water and baby soap solution. I go through the tub of wipes every day and a half and have never had any issue with mildew or mold.
staceylb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:45 AM   #5
AshleyNoelle
Registered Users

My Mood:

I made all my own cloth wipes from scrap pieces of flannel I had from making my diapers. I'm not even sure how many I have, but right now I think it's close to 60 some. My second is about to be born though so we will have TWO in diapers and I actually probably need to make a few more for when we have those messy days that require more diapers than normal. I keep my wipes by the changing table in an old plastic icecream tub (one of the huge ones) and I keep a squirt bottle that has water and a small bit of baby wash in it. I just squirt the wipe before I use it, works great for us. I would never go back to disposable wipes! I feel like cloth works so much better.
AshleyNoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #6
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Good questions! Do you mind if I add another question? Are one layer wipes good enough or are two layers so much better? Are the grovia wipes one or two layers?
Old 06-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #7
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

if you search baby wash cloth on amazon one of the first listings will be a brand called spasilk. they are 100% cotton and usually a ten pack for $6. I ordered enough of those to get free shipping. the other ones we have are diaper rite brand from diaper junction $5.95 for a dozen. Those are the cheapest places I could find, and I love them both. the diaper rite ones are especially soft.

We have about 5 dozen at this point for two boys in cloth. once you have them you will use them for just about everything. I keep them wet with just water in an old disposable wipes box. we use them too fast for them to mold. we just throw them in the wash with the diapers.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote