Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #11
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wet bag alternative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
We use double grocery bags.
if you do this be careful.... a friend of mine runs a cloth diaper service and had one of her clients do this when they were in a pinch over the holiday weekend.. the printing on the bag bled onto her diapers and now she can't get the ink out! she's mega ticked!

Advertisement

wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #12
Lizmarie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsissy View Post
I have done roadtrips in a minivan (no separation from the trunk) and I just brought all my zip small wet bags I had/have even small ones. Then before we left to drive back home I put all the diapers in the tub with a little CD detergent, stomped on them, let them soak, drained the tub, refilled, rinsed, wrung them out. Then when I got home they were ready to go straight into a HOT wash.
I only have two small wetbags - even that I don't think would be enough...though I could supplement with ziploc. I wish we were going to be able to do a pseudo-wash like that but we're driving this straight through because of work schedules. We leave this afternoon and have to be in NY for the procedure by 830 tomorrow morning, and then we pretty much have to leave after the procedure and drive the 9-11 hours back! My sister is riding up with me so we can split the driving, and she has to work on Friday so we don't have any free time really
Lizmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
Lizmarie
Registered Users

Good to know about the grocery bags - we'll do ziplocs if we have to then since there's no inside printing and they seal (awesome to keep the smell in I would guess, but going to be AWFUL once you finally open it up)

I thought Target sold them too, but they're out of stock online and not sold in stores it seems. I tried babies r us too and they don't have then in any of the near stores :/
Old 06-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #14
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

keep checking diaper palz website/fb. They have great sales and $1 shipping. Not the best wet bags I've ever used but I've bought a few to use as back ups.
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #15
Lizmarie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsissy View Post
keep checking diaper palz website/fb. They have great sales and $1 shipping. Not the best wet bags I've ever used but I've bought a few to use as back ups.

I don't have time to wait for shipping That's the problem
Old 06-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #16
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could use the ziploc bags for the trip to NY and then find a CD store that has wetbags.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #17
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie
Mama, I know you don't know me from anywhere, BUT, I live near DJ & could go get the wetbag for you, you could just send me the PP. I live RIGHT off of the highway (264 or 64) so you could swing through & grab it. If its after my kids' bedtime I could put it in our mailbox for you. (our neighborhood is safe)
DS mamas are so nice,

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #18
mamaspice
Registered Users

You can also do covers over the sposies to prevent blowouts.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #19
marisolstice
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just use a regular trash bag and twist the neck shut. I've done that at my in-laws and it works fine for 3 days...
Old 06-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #20
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I know you have already left, but if you still need a solution , stop by the dollar store and pick up two of the big laundry bags and double it. I have had to do it and it works pretty well. Plus it is cheap!