Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorajoan
has anyone gone that long without spraying the ebf poop off? Is this just something that should never be done?
I have. It's really not that long. I've gone a week because I was sick.

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: dirty diaper emergency!!!! PLEASE help!

Depend on type of diapers. Fb & bg type no bleach. Maybe color oxiclean. Try shout or tide color catcher sheets I heard about at church. I was hot cold in mine but prewash to get poo out otherwise stain. I use whip it too & works well & won't harm bg or fb. I use it ( bamboo kid safe cleaner) & does well for all cleeaning.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think you should run a short cold cycle with no detergent and then the longest hot cycle with regular detergent and oxy-type bleach.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons
Depend on type of diapers. Fb & bg type no bleach. Maybe color oxiclean. Try shout or tide color catcher sheets I heard about at church. I was hot cold in mine but prewash to get poo out otherwise stain. I use whip it too & works well & won't harm bg or fb. I use it ( bamboo kid safe cleaner) & does well for all cleeaning.
I have those and I use bleach. No problems.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #15
dorajoan
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbelina View Post
I think you're probably right about the load being too small, I don't think the time they sat is terrible at all though. Now when you're mentioning the greenish cast and the dark splotches, is this just where the poop was on the dipes or is it everywhere? If those stains are all over your dipes it sounds more like mildew or mold either in the diaper pail or in the washer (shudder). If it's everywhere I would suggest bleaching and figuring out wherever the funk is growing and putting a stop to it.

I have had good luck (touch wood) with going straight to a hot wash (but I do rinse poopy diapers), I've seen it hypothesized that stains come out best at the temp they were made at, I haven't noticed a difference with or without the cold soak first. I agree that you probably need to use more detergent, and if you only have a small number of diapers to wash I'd suggest throwing a towel or two in to bulk up the load so that everything has something to swish against to get clean. Personally I had to switch to Tide powder to get clean diapers, but we have super hard water and I know there are some mamas who are very happy with their natural detergents.
I don't think it's mildew (thank goodness)...and we don't have hard water...hopefully using more detergent next time will help!
dorajoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #16
ARogers
Registered Users
seller
seller

Whenever we go on vacation & I have to use coin laundry machines I do 2 washes. They go through 1x with detergent. Then I run another full cycle with nothing. I have never had issues doing it that way and have done so in several different states.

The amount of time they sat in the wet bag wasn't too long so that isn't the issue.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #17
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
I have those and I use bleach. No problems.
Yeah, BG actually recommends bleach, 1/4 once a month.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

If I had coin laundry, I would really really try and make them clean in one load! Your best bet is to semi-wet pail. Rinse every diaper in the toilet to get most of the waste out and then drop sopping wet into a pail. Rinsing and keeping them wet will make it easier for the hot water to get them clean with one load. I would also use flats and covers.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #19
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorajoan View Post
has anyone gone that long without spraying the ebf poop off? Is this just something that should never be done?
I go that long with EBF poo and no spraying all the time. My dipes are stained, for sure, but squeaky clean!
Melinda29 is online now   Reply With Quote