Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2007, 06:13 PM   #161
Julie K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Opinion on Bumbo's?

I loved ours - it was seriously the best buy of anything I got for dd as a baby. I got mine brand new off of ebay for $25.

It was also great to use in restaurants instead of using their filthy booster seats or high chairs!

Advertisement

Julie K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:15 PM   #162
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i think i replied already but just in case, we love them and now have 2 bumbo's
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #163
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazdodge View Post
I know, I couldn't bring myself to pay $45 for it, I just found one on craigslist in Corpus for $30 and she gave it to me for $25.
Hey , are you talking about Corpus Christi ? I lived right by there when we lived in TX , actually I grew up down there in Aransas Pass and had my lil boy in Corpus .

Anyhoo about the bumbo , I don't know , I can see how they would be handy to have but I wouldn't want leave my baby in them for too long , but ya I wouldn't be able to pay that much for one even if I REALLY wanted one .

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:35 PM   #164
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never owned one, but my personal opinion would be to not purchase one. I have read that having children sit or stand upright before they are ready (in stationary devices such as this, a walker, or an exersaucer) may cause developmental problems in their spines and lower backs.
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #165
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I'll be straight up honest... Every time I see this thing I think of the seats used for EC.

But now having read through the majority of this thread, I just might get one for my little guy. I love to sling my kids, but even I have to admit of putting them down once in awhile. Babyjails are starting to get dangerous when you've got older kids that drop toys in without looking or want to get in to play with baby.

Otherwise, I've always been indifferent in gadgets people use with their kids. If you can use it and the kid enjoys it- GREAT. If not, then well... o'well. No big deal.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:17 PM   #166
mama_times5
Registered Users
Formerly: mama_times4
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
Just teach your kid to sit for Pete's sake.
I suspect that you don't have a special needs child.

Our pediatric therapists LOVE the bumbo. Some children/babies needs lots of proper positioning and practice to master a skill like sitting. I wish we had one sooner! We actually still use ours with our scrawny-legged, special needs six-yr-old dd. I'm eagerly awaiting a bigger size that is supposed to be coming, just for larger special needs babies/kids.

Yes, as with any baby equipment/gadget, use can be short-lived for a developmentally typical child. Our youngest didn't "need" the seat, but it was very helpful to have something small like this to move to whatever room I needed to work in (potty...) for a little while.

My wee one could sit in it for just a few min from very early on. Bumbo actually says 6wks to 14mo for suggested age (w/ head control):
Old 07-31-2007, 07:35 PM   #167
BabyNick#2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
Just teach your kid to sit for Pete's sake.

Hmm, now I am a bad mother cause I have a bumbo, like it, and use it because my ds isnt able to sit up on his own at 6.5 months. I have been "teaching" my son to sit on his own since 2 months old. He loves to sit and watch what is going on, and I think with supervision around, this is safer than putting him propped with pillows on the couch with 2 cats, a dog, and a 4 yr. old.
BabyNick#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:52 PM   #168
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I love mine!