Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
PamG
Registered Users

:) This is what I've got :)

There is no other explanation, but what is in this link.

I have taken pregnancy tests and they were positive, light but positive, and now they seem negative.

I always knew I was batty, but this link just confirms it!

I've had the symptoms and everything and I guess I can even will my tests to become positive! I used two brands and those two became positive, then tried w/ another test and it was negative.

If I can will my tests to become positive, then I need to will that I'll get $10 million!

http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/p1/pseudocy.asp

Advertisement

PamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:42 AM   #2
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: :) This is what I've got :)

Would you will me up $10 million too?

But seriously now... although I believe this condition to be quite plausible, perhaps you should pick yet another brand and POAS again. It is more likely that you are pregnant and the the tests varied (in sensitivity, or amount of binding agent,or the third was just a faulty test...) causing a false negative. Or possibly, sadly, that you were pregnant but it didn't stick (happens with 15-20% of all pregnancies). I would suspect if you did have this condition ("willing yourself pg"), all 3 of your tests would have been positive. The pituitary gland is a powerful little thing and the hormone would be there to be detected.

So, I'd say.... POAS again and if it's positive go have the pregnancy confirmed with an ultrasound as soon as is reasonable. I have had baby fever so bad in the past that I could imagine having this happen to myself too.

GL!

Last edited by ~stacy~; 07-02-2006 at 06:44 AM.
~stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:15 AM   #3
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Old 07-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
PamG
Registered Users

Thanks for such a sweet reply.

I know people are afraid to reply becasue they think that I am serious and afraid I have some mental disorder that they are now afraid to reply to me.

No, really. I am kidding and not all thinking I've got that kind of power to do that to my body. If I can, then I need to charge money.

I do believe that I more then likely had a chemical and will start late and it be heavy w/ cramps.

I will test Friday if I don't start AF because that will make a week late.

I've given this to God and if it's not His plan for me to have another little one now, then I will accept that.

I know that what I have been through will allow me to help and have empathy on others.

Ok, thanks and I have such a big peace about this it's a little scary to me.

Pam
PamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Keep us posted, ok?

It's tough not knowing what's up with your body. Especially with all that you've already been through.

Wishing you the best!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
sheri_b
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is one wierd disease. We had a woman come into the ER around 2am one night. She was in labor and was 22 weeks. Boy, you should have seen everyone scramble. I rushed to get my vents ready, got my bag, and headed to the L&D room. Boy, she was screaming up a storm. I was going to go in, and I was stopped by an L&D nurse. She said that there's a problem with the Mom. I told her I was there for the baby. She said there might not be a baby. After hooking her up to a machine, they didn't have a hb and no ctx. They called for an US, and I went in at that point to get my area set up. When they did the us, the discovered that she wasn't pg, and her uterus was normal size. She hadn't been pg for a while, if she ever was. They finally sedated her and did a psych consult. Everyone in the room was totally confused.

I know she was later transferred and didn't remember anything about that event the next day(s).

I've seen some wierd stuff, but that one just about takes the cake.

ETA: I hope you have an answer soon!

Last edited by sheri_b; 07-07-2006 at 04:51 PM.
sheri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #7
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri_b
This is one wierd disease. We had a woman come into the ER around 2am one night. She was in labor and was 22 weeks. Boy, you should have seen everyone scramble. I rushed to get my vents ready, got my bag, and headed to the L&D room. Boy, she was screaming up a storm. I was going to go in, and I was stopped by an L&D nurse. She said that there's a problem with the Mom. I told her I was there for the baby. She said there might not be a baby. After hooking her up to a machine, they didn't have a hb and no ctx. They called for an US, and I went in at that point to get my area set up. When they did the us, the discovered that she wasn't pg, and her uterus was normal size. She hadn't been pg for a while, if she ever was. They finally sedated her and did a psych consult. Everyone in the room was totally confused.

I know she was later transferred and didn't remember anything about that event the next day(s).

I've seen some wierd stuff, but that one just about takes the cake.

ETA: I hope you have an answer soon!
Wow. That is crazy. I've actually heard of that happening a lot though women have touble conceiving or whatever the case is then they just believe that they are pregnant, carry on like they are, buy baby clothes, set up a nursery, etc...and in some cases try to steal newborns or younger babies. A while ago when I was hugely pregnant and ready to pop a women was murdered and someone cut the baby out of her!!!!!!!! I was scared to death and wouldnt stay alone for weeks.

Sorry to hijack LOL Any updates?
Old 07-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #8
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I've heard of it, but I think it's pretty rare. again for you and whatever happens! Please let us know how everything turns out and how you're doing!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #9
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow what a crazy illness! You can make a pregnancy test positive.....now thats weird. I'm going to doubt every pregnancy test now lol.

Jackie
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #10
amymom2molly
Registered Users

wow that is deffinatly very strange..but i believe it.i hope your positive test means pregnancy GL!
amymom2molly is offline   Reply With Quote