Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #21
1healthylady
Registered Users

Re: What do you have to do?

Today DH got rained out of work - not a lot of solar to be done when it's raining out. I came home from work and he had finished installing our floors!! Baseboards are in and everything. Our new floors look so pretty!! So I cross that off my to-do list and add something else. Go figure. I need to stop finding things to add. My goal is to get two things crossed off tomorrow. And one more thing on Sunday. Hooray for the weekend!!

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1healthylady View Post
Today DH got rained out of work - not a lot of solar to be done when it's raining out. I came home from work and he had finished installing our floors!! Baseboards are in and everything. Our new floors look so pretty!! So I cross that off my to-do list and add something else. Go figure. I need to stop finding things to add. My goal is to get two things crossed off tomorrow. And one more thing on Sunday. Hooray for the weekend!!
GO YOU !
Yeah my goal is to cross things off my to buy list today....and this weekend is for outside!
I put things on my list everyday,too! But the things I have taken off made it worth it.I feel way more organized, less disheveled, and panicky(notice I said less...I am pregnant after all
Old 06-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #23
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a productive weekend. Now I am exhausted! I have a lot to buy still so i think I need to hit me some garage sales and try to cut that list in half on a budget. Get my husband to finally throw down the rest of the stuff from the attic since I can no longer trust myself on the stairs without woozies. What do you ladies got going on?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #24
1healthylady
Registered Users

I did not have a productive weekend. I got the cribskirt done, minus the final ironing, but that's it. We relaxed all day yesterday: church, nap, pool. That was it. DH's bday is tomorrow so tonight I'm making him a cake and tomorrow we're going to dinner. Maybe I'll be productive baby-wise again on Wednesday.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum
Old 06-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #25
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok so yesterday I got 10 of our goodmama's elastics replaced. I also got the snaps put onto the BSRB's. Just some velcro conversions left. Oh.. and I made a pair of woolies with feet to match a diaper that I made. So cute!!!! We are going to have so many sets and I made them all! Now if only I could convince DH to get the trim done or help with the bathroom repainting. I am also working on a huge listing of diapers and wools that my toddler is finally done with.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
1healthylady
Registered Users

You mamas have been busy! DH put the furniture back in place in the bedroom before I got home yesterday. I think I'm gonna love our new upstairs! All that's new is the floors, but what a difference it makes!! Plus it gave us a chance to do a deep clean and start fresh again. We got new floors, I got a Swiffer Wetjet. Now I just need to get some cheapo prefolds to have reusable pads instead of the disposable ones for the Swiffer. I couldn't sleep last night. Too much on the brain I guess. So at 4am I was cleaning off window ledges, cleaning the windows (which I discovered is hard to do when it's dark out!), and hung the curtains back up in the bedroom after a few alterations. Little bits at a time.

My goals for the rest of this week and the weekend:
-make a new dog bed since there's no more carpet up there
-make 4 mama cloths
-measure & cut out nursery curtain fabric

That looks like a lot!! Dinner with the hubby tonight for his bday.

DONE:
-add elastic at the corners of our bedsheet (so it doesn't always pop off the mattress while we sleep. ugh)
-move back upstairs to our bedroom
-assemble the crib when it arrives on Friday, we hope (?)
-assemble the cradle while my parents are here this weekend
-make a new mattress base for the cradle
-have fun at my first baby shower hosted by the church!
-order the birth and encapsulation kits with Friday's paycheck
-set up consignment account at WeeCycle to get rid of extra baby stuff

Last edited by 1healthylady; 06-19-2012 at 11:35 AM.
1healthylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #27
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Awesome lists!
I am gonna :
finish going through my darn attic....as long as hubby will climb up and throw everything down for me.
Finish Bg snaps
buy off my list
Make my freezer lagsagna
Remember to eat.....sounds weird but I keep forgetting
Take my son to the drive in theatre.....little man deserves it
Weed wack around fence
level dogs new area out in preparation for dog house.

My goal is one a day.....I'll probably do more than that but I need to chill out! I keep pushing myself to hard.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #28
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Weedwhacker broke
My movie plans are ruined...maybe Tuesday
I did buy most of my list
Have no money for dirt! Spent it on emergency kitty vet run.
Maybe I'll make lagsagna but need to get grocery items...yuckabuca.
Not really proud of my week so far.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #29
1healthylady
Registered Users

Still one more day left of the weekend. Hope I can get a few more things done. Our nursery is starting to come together, although there's still a whole bookcase we need to figure out what to do with. How are you all doing with your lists?
Old 06-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #30
chach4
Registered Users
seller

My list included the monster task ,of cleaning garage. Which the downstairs is typical garage stuff and we did all that in one day last week. BUT, the upstairs is like our "basement", its all storage.
Spent 8 hrs Friday working on it, a couple last night. None today cause we r going to 2 fathers day celebrations., but tomorrow am putting in some real time as well as both dh and I will be home in the morning and early afternoon.
Bout halfway done. Some MAJOR purging going on. Junk. But then lots of stuff to keep like construction supplies(plumbing electrical, hardware, etc) that we will still use. But that is now all nicely organized in give and labeled. I love it.
But we are hosting part of a bachelor party next Saturday so we have a deadline!. I'm hoping all the sorting purging will be done by wed so then I can set up tables, clean out fridge and counters out there, stock fridge, "decorate", and oxide on making all th snackey food.
Oh and we have to put in a fire pit, and kill weeds under our deck and lay landscape fabric and get a load of stones for under there. Dunno if all that will happen by sat, but that is the goal. Glad dh will be around a lot this week so we can put in some major time.
Also glad that this paroject, the BIGGEST one on my list, will be checkec off so early. After that its focusing on moving my son into new bed and bedroom, decorating that for him, and then little stuff, organizing baby stuff, freezer meals, etc...
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote