Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
JKCCart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this seizure activity?

I'd have her checked by neurologist and have that EEG. An abnormal EEG plus 2 or more seizures (ever in your life) will earn you a diagnosis of "epilepsy".

My daughter was grey at birth and had no pulse and was not breathing on her own. (Cord accident). They didn't do anything at birth because their neurology is so immature anyway, it's really hard to tell until around 6 months or so.

My daughters seizures were more like a startling reflex that got "stuck". She still has these seizures now, but it is controlled with medication now. Twice now she has woken up with blue lips, blue hands, and blue feet. I went STRAIGHT to the ER with her, which is how we got an EEG done on her so fast. They did a CT scan too and it revealed brain damage.

Hope any of this helps.

Jessica

Advertisement

Jessica wife to Kevin 12/05 mama to Christopher 12/06 our sweet baby LEVI in heaven July 17th, 2008 Hope July 17th, 2009 and Sahara Grace CHRIST FOLLOWER, BREASTFEEDING, BABY WEARING, CLOTH EVERYTHING MAMA
JKCCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #12
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

Get him evaluated by a neurologist. My son did the same in infancy. He had a febrile seizure around 1, then nothing until 3.5 when we believe he started having (or always has had) absence or petite mal seizures. It's been a long road to diagnosis and we still have no answers. We've done an EEG awake and sleep, and we go for a 24hr EEG and MRI in July. My son also has ASD so it makes seizures hard to identify because he is often distant.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this seizure activity?

It kind of sounds like infantile spasms whic IS seizure acivity. My daughter has had them since 2 months and her ped just thought she was having a bowel movement, even though i told her it was not right. So definitely have an eeg if you can at least to rule it out. Hugs!
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote