Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #31
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Asking for a refund after payment has been sent

like i said before...its all wack if you ask me. personally if my child had an immune issue i WOULD NOT be accepting "used good" being shipped from place to place being touched by 50 people at the post offices before coming to my door. if she was "concerned" about a sickness, what if the post man had a virus? seems completely shady to me. she probably decided she didnt want it and used the sickness as an excuse.

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #32
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthefluff
like i said before...its all wack if you ask me. personally if my child had an immune issue i WOULD NOT be accepting "used good" being shipped from place to place being touched by 50 people at the post offices before coming to my door. if she was "concerned" about a sickness, what if the post man had a virus? seems completely shady to me. she probably decided she didnt want it and used the sickness as an excuse.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #33
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

I would have refunded it because I wouldn't want to deal with the trouble of not refunding it.

And if I had an immune compromised household, I would not buy used.

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #34
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

I'm guessing she was annoyed at waiting the extra days since the sender specified shipping on a certain date. I know people keep saying that it was only 1 extra business day, but that 1 extra "business day" meant the difference of actually receiving the item in the mail ON Monday (assuming it was sent Priority) or not getting it until Thursday (if being sent out on Monday). That's a big difference, especially if it was something she was very much looking forward to using right away, or something really big.

Thus, five-day rule aside, of course, I could see that being annoying, if only because of the big exciting buildup over the weekend and then the letdown on Monday. Not annoying enough to ask for/deserve a refund, but still.

But as for the stomach virus thing, whether she has an immune-compromised child or not, it would be hard to purchase something from somebody who is actually having a vomit-and-diarrhea illness at that very moment. Sure, you can never be certain whether other things you purchase have been handled by sick people, but knowing FOR SURE that that particular thing is from a sick house... Maybe she feels like she might as well prevent the things can CAN be prevented, you know?

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #35
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow... that's pretty crazy to ask for a refund in this situation. It definitely sounds like buyer's remorse to me.

About the sickness thing, how long can a flu virus live on a bag sealed in packaging anyway? I would not think it would live very long.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #36
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I, as many others do, find the buyer's reason a for a refund a bit sketchy. Whether the seller was healthy or not, whether the item was new or used, wouldn't you wash the item right when you got it? I know that unless it's something I'm not going to be using for along time, I always wash stuff before I use it. You just don't know where it's been.