Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
birth plan for routine c-section??

Is there really any need for a birth plan with a routine c section? i had my first naturally and had a wonderful birth plan with all my special wishes and it was great! my second there were some complications that resulted in a c section at 37 weeks..didnt have a birth plan...this time i have a scheduled CS and was curious about a birth plan...would this be pointless because they have certain ways to deal with mamma and baby after delivery and you dont really have a say? im mostly bummed that i cannot begin nursing right after delivery which is one of my main focus's for my original birth plan...what are your thoughts mammas? should i just bag the idea of a birth plan?

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RIc...e_gdata_player check this out! I had VBAC but would have gone this route if I had done a second section instead
sunyflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: birth plan for routine c-section??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyflwr View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RIc...e_gdata_player check this out! I had VBAC but would have gone this route if I had done a second section instead
wow thanks mamma! that was AMAZING. i cannot wait till my next ob visit so i can ask about the possibilities of having a c section like this...thanks again!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: birth plan for routine c-section??

My doc is open to kangaroo care c-sections, but he says it all depends on the anesthesiologist being on board too. Next c-section I'm going to ask for a certain one who is most okay with allowing it.

As far as a birth plan, I make sure the doc signs mine saying no eye goop, keep placenta available for me, heplock after c-section as long as I can pee and drink okay (I HATE being hooked up to ivs, but a doc has to give the okay to nurses in order to just have a heplock after a certain number of hours postop). I like having my own music play during my csection and so I bring my ipod and docking station with me and they hook it up (but I've never included that in the birth plan).
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote