Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

We have so far. Married 7 years with no pregnancies. DH and i decided to start adopting (adoption was in our hearts) and leave conception natural. We waited awhile for an adoption. Diva was adopted 2.5 years ago. Just this past year in less then 6 months time we were blessed with two babies through adoption. I dont particularly want to get pregnant at the moment! But of course we would celebrate anyway. God has taken us down so may different paths through this journey its been really amazing to see. So many of my 'I wont..... ' ideas have happened, and been a blessing! LOL

Advertisement

kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #12
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HI kelly! That is great! I thing adoption is awesome! Such a wonderful picture of Christ and the Church. ((HUGS))

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly679 View Post
We have so far. Married 7 years with no pregnancies. DH and i decided to start adopting (adoption was in our hearts) and leave conception natural. We waited awhile for an adoption. Diva was adopted 2.5 years ago. Just this past year in less then 6 months time we were blessed with two babies through adoption. I dont particularly want to get pregnant at the moment! But of course we would celebrate anyway. God has taken us down so may different paths through this journey its been really amazing to see. So many of my 'I wont..... ' ideas have happened, and been a blessing! LOL
Old 06-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
oneduckstuck5
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina2babyboys View Post
Nice to meet you Alicia! I have seen you on here before.

Hi Sarah! Nice to meet you as well. The Lord does provide. Just keep on trusting him. I know it is hard sometimes! My husband and I are really young and have very little money. I stay at home and he works overnight at Sams. We make like $12000-$14000 a year with 4 going on 5 little ones. But the Lord always meets our needs. We dont take any help from the government at all. We have no insurance. But Jesus always provides. Look to Him and have hope.
Enjoyed hearing your testimony! Wow! You are a great example of faith-based living. I think God gives us just what we need sometimes so that we depend upon Him. We actually do pretty well with what we have but we are trying to go debt free and it's taking longer than I would like. Dh used to build on the side and some houses he built took longer to sell than we had planned. Plus if we had started out smarter when we were younger...Oh well, God uses those things to grow us.

I am thrilled that you have chosen to stay home even though money is tight. I just feel like it's so important that moms be home with their little (and big) ones. But I guess I'm getting off topic here... Anyway, I've enjoyed reading everyone's stories.

Mom to:
ds14, dd11, ds8, dd7, dd 2, & ds 1 (2nd reversal baby)' expecting #7 April 2014
oneduckstuck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:13 AM   #14
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi mamas! My name is Brittany. I have 3 kids and am pregnant with #4. Does TTC still count as leaving it up to God? I don't have cycles for 2 years while breastfeeding unless I use herbs to induce my cycle and then use progesterone cream to have a long enough LP. So with 2 of my kids I was charting and actively trying. I've always been curious if that counts as leaving it up to God or if that's considered taking things into your own hands...

Anyway! I'd like to leave it up to God but my DH isn't 100% on board. He doesn't want me to use any hormonal BC but we are both ok with barrier methods. He is stressed with his work situation right now and I think he needs to feel like we at least have control in some areas. I know that I won't get pregnant for at least two years after this baby if I leave things up to my body. I don't think he'd be opposed to not preventing, but we were young when we had DS1 (20 and 21) and I think he wants to know there's an end in sight. We'd like to travel together, retire early and do lots of charity work, etc. Of course these things can be done while raising kids, but we also want to have "us time" at some point since we didn't have it in our early years of marriage.

Basically, to make a short story long, in my heart of hearts, I believe in leaving it up to God. I think it's the right choice for our family. I know DH will come around to that too if it's meant to be that way.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
mommmy
Registered Users

My Mood:

We were leaving it up to god but after having 4 kids in less than 3.5 years I wanted and needed to take a break so we started using protection.. but looks like god had different plans for us as I'm pregnant again and #5 will be joining us in February
Emily , SAHM to Ava (08/08), Connor (01/10), Adrian (01/11), Logan (12/11) , Hannah and Olivia (12/12) , and expecting #100
mommmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
mommmy
Registered Users

My Mood:

We were leaving it up to god but after having 4 kids in less than 3.5 years I wanted and needed to take a break so we started using protection.. but looks like god had different plans for us as I'm pregnant again and #5 will be joining us in February
Emily , SAHM to Ava (08/08), Connor (01/10), Adrian (01/11), Logan (12/11) , Hannah and Olivia (12/12) , and expecting #100
mommmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
supejed05
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama View Post
I don't think he'd be opposed to not preventing, but we were young when we had DS1 (20 and 21) and I think he wants to know there's an end in sight. We'd like to travel together, retire early and do lots of charity work, etc. Of course these things can be done while raising kids, but we also want to have "us time" at some point since we didn't have it in our early years of marriage.
Hi Brittany. Thank you for your thoughts and frankness. I think that your husband's desires to spend time with you and participate in works of charity are praiseworthy. But, giving life to children, loving and raising them to love others is the greatest work of "charity" that we can do in this world right now. Parents who are open to life are a witness of light in a dark world that says, "Fulfillment only comes from meeting my own desires." We who embrace the gift of life say to this world, "Love is self gift. It is in giving that you receive. I must decrease so that He may increase."

Spending time with your spouse, building a relationship, is essential. Without it, the family cannot survive. But it can be done with children. Indeed, love cannot grow without self-sacrifice, and children provide the best (and most consistent) opportunity for that sacrifice. And your parenting life, even with a large family, won't be your whole life. Our childbearing years are limited -- even if we start early. So many people idolize retirement and the "golden years" only to find themselves in a purposeless life after they are "free" from the burdens of their family or job.

By the way, I think that using NFP is an acceptable means of limiting family size or spacing births if there are grave reasons to do so. I would never advocate that a woman knowingly endanger her life or bear a child into abject poverty simply to serve an ideological position. But, we must respond generously to God's call to "be fruitful and multiply."

I have been inspired by the courageous women who responded to the original post. There are many open hearts, ready to embrace the gifts that Our Heavenly Father showers upon us. We are the light of the world, the salt of the earth. Please pray for me as I will for all of you.
supejed05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #18
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Supejed05- what a beautiful post and very encouraging. So very true. I come across so many in later life-that just"wish" they would have had more children. They wish they had never sucuumbed to that mythical "not enough money" and pressures from family.

If we are honest, and decide to live by the world's standards, then most people do not have enough money for even one child! The world says we are not good parents unless our child has the latest electronics, toys, brand new car when 16, full college tuition paid and then even support into adulthood! No wonder our generation of adults and kids coming up are so dependent. They have never had to hear, no, never had to work for anything, never had to rely on the Lord to provide. I choose to live in the the Kingdom of God. So I feel no pressure to conform to the world's standards. It is the most freeing choice I have ever made.

Misty
momma to 8, helpmeet to 1
mvp529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #19
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! I completely agree! We ll said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supejed05 View Post
Hi Brittany. Thank you for your thoughts and frankness. I think that your husband's desires to spend time with you and participate in works of charity are praiseworthy. But, giving life to children, loving and raising them to love others is the greatest work of "charity" that we can do in this world right now. Parents who are open to life are a witness of light in a dark world that says, "Fulfillment only comes from meeting my own desires." We who embrace the gift of life say to this world, "Love is self gift. It is in giving that you receive. I must decrease so that He may increase."

Spending time with your spouse, building a relationship, is essential. Without it, the family cannot survive. But it can be done with children. Indeed, love cannot grow without self-sacrifice, and children provide the best (and most consistent) opportunity for that sacrifice. And your parenting life, even with a large family, won't be your whole life. Our childbearing years are limited -- even if we start early. So many people idolize retirement and the "golden years" only to find themselves in a purposeless life after they are "free" from the burdens of their family or job.

By the way, I think that using NFP is an acceptable means of limiting family size or spacing births if there are grave reasons to do so. I would never advocate that a woman knowingly endanger her life or bear a child into abject poverty simply to serve an ideological position. But, we must respond generously to God's call to "be fruitful and multiply."

I have been inspired by the courageous women who responded to the original post. There are many open hearts, ready to embrace the gifts that Our Heavenly Father showers upon us. We are the light of the world, the salt of the earth. Please pray for me as I will for all of you.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
cbusbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi Christina! I'm june and my husband and I share similar views. We got married last December and our first baby is due in September (God willing we will have "many" one day...). We are 24 (me) and 22 (him).

Last edited by cbusbaby; 06-16-2012 at 11:19 AM.
cbusbaby is offline   Reply With Quote