Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I got a car seat, PnP, coming home outfit and diapers. The only thing I was excited about was diaper shopping. Beyond that, nothing. Heck, the only reason I got those before DS1 was born was because I had enough swagbucks amazon cards for them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Advertisement

Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: No desire to buy baby things?

I bought diapers and that was it. I never even did the nesting cleaning. I had 4 baby showers so I had loads of stuff. But DH was the one who put it all together. Honestly you dont need anything for a baby. Even if I some how magically was handed a newborn in the next hour, two hours later dh could have bought enough stuff at Walmart to get along fine.

Also your mil sounds dreadful. I would stay away from her for the rest of your pregnancy if at all possible.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #13
TigersBabygirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
With DD was obsessed. Its all I could talk about I and spent hours researching.

This time, nothing. :/

My MIL made a comment about how maybe it's my way of helping myself because this baby won't be around long. She thinks the baby is going to die :/
Why on earth would she say/think such a thing?! Because you had a loss before? That's just SO unhelpful and just plain wrong!

As for you not feeling like buying stuff, I agree that the novelty of baby stuff shopping just wears off. And it's also true that you realize you don't need most of the stuff that seemed to be a must have when you were pregnant for the first time.

I do like shopping for our son on the way but it's not like it was for our daughter back when I was pregnant with her. The excitement just isn't the same...except for diapers! Man do I love buying nb diapers now that I know what kinds I like

Have you looked around for nb fluff yet? Or is there no interest in that either? (which is fine too, not everyone is as diapercrazy as I am)
TigersBabygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #14
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I couldn't bring myself to buy anything, despite needing quite a bit due to this being an unplanned child after our supposed last child, until we got the all clear from a high level ultrasound to check for more Trisomy markers. Even then, I've only bought a few things. As we creep up on just 2 months left, though, I need to get on my horse and finish up. but keep finding excuses not to shop. It's weird.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #15
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigersBabygirl

Why on earth would she say/think such a thing?! Because you had a loss before? That's just SO unhelpful and just plain wrong!

As for you not feeling like buying stuff, I agree that the novelty of baby stuff shopping just wears off. And it's also true that you realize you don't need most of the stuff that seemed to be a must have when you were pregnant for the first time.

I do like shopping for our son on the way but it's not like it was for our daughter back when I was pregnant with her. The excitement just isn't the same...except for diapers! Man do I love buying nb diapers now that I know what kinds I like

Have you looked around for nb fluff yet? Or is there no interest in that either? (which is fine too, not everyone is as diapercrazy as I am)
You'd be surprised how many people do this. My ex's mom didn't want to have anything to do with baby stuff (even at the shower the month before I delivered) because I had had a loss 3 relationships prior. She kept making comments about miscarriage every time there was any issue, or sometimes just randomly. Having not been able to have kids herself and adopting, I would've thought she would've been more aware and compassionate. Nope. People are jerks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 06-15-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
editrix
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
With DD was obsessed. Its all I could talk about I and spent hours researching.

This time, nothing. :/

My MIL made a comment about how maybe it's my way of helping myself because this baby won't be around long. She thinks the baby is going to die :/
Oh gosh, I'm sorry you have to deal with a MIL making comments like that! I agree with the others--try to stay away from her and her negativity.

Babies don't need much stuff, anyway, and you probably already have most of what you need!
editrix is offline   Reply With Quote