Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2006, 08:32 AM   #1
bfoster2000's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,098
My Mood:
Update from the MW...lots to think about

I just got back from my MW appointment and I'm not really sure how to feel right now. As far as we can tell, the baby is holding up well through all of this...that makes one of us! I've lost a pound since last Thursday which is ok...BP is back up again though. The 24 hour urine test showed "significant" protein in my urine which is not a good sign. I'm not sure I really get the distinction between preeclampsia and PIH but she's still calling this PIH for now.

So here's the part that I have mixed feelings about. She said that she's trying to arrange to have me induced next week...when I'm 39 weeks. I am so ready to be done with this pregnancy and apparently my body is not too keen on staying pregnant. At the same time though, I REALLY don't want to be induced. With DJ, they gave me Pitocin against my will and it was not an experience I hoped to ever repeat. They only gave it to me about an hour before he was born but it was Hell for that hour. And I'm terrified of having an epidural...I had a bad spinal tap about 10 years ago and just the thought of someone taking a needle to my spine again sends my BP through the roof! Part of the problem with DJ's delivery though was that they just completely disregarded all of my wishes and I felt like I had no control over the situation at all...I think that psychologically, that made it a lot worse than it needed to be. This MW is at least talking to me and allowing me to make the decisions so maybe it will be better that way?

Then there's this nagging feeling like if this "condition" is serious enough to warrant inducing, let's do it now and get it over with...why wait another week and a half. I mean, I'm 37.5 weeks now, how much difference will it really make to wait till 39 weeks to induce, if we're doing it because of the medical problems I'm having? If it's ok to wait till 39 weeks, then why not wait another week and see when he comes on his own? That's the angel on one shoulder saying that, the devil on the other shoulder is saying take what you can get and get on with your life!

Looks like I have lots of thinking and praying to do over the next few days. It really helped me to read Manna's birth story and realize that even when things don't go the way we plan, they can still work out for the best...I just have to trust that someone out there might know a little bit more than me about the big picture.

For now, I'm supposed to keep doing what I'm doing (lots of water, no salt, strict bedrest, call if ANYTHING out of the ordinary happens) and I follow up again on Thursday when she'll do another NST just to make sure the baby's hanging in there as well. And we'll discuss the induction issue again at that point. Who knows, maybe the little guy will decide to come on his own before next week and the whole thing will be moot...I can hope, right?
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.