Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Need help quick about flagyl

Has anyone taken this med while nursing I was rxd this med for bv and have gotten mixed reviews about having to pump and dump or keep nursing

Advertisement

Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
bea2269
Registered Users

I have no experience with this med. Did you speak with the pharmacist? Kellymom.com has an excellent section on meds as well as Dr Hale. You may want to google those and see what you come up with. Sorry I couldn't help more!
bea2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
kferg
Registered Users

Call your dr or pharmacist. It a pain in the *** but you should probably tell your dr and pharmacist that you're breastfeeding every time he/she prescribes a medication. There's almost always a safe alternative. Good luck! I hope it's safe and you don't have to get a new prescription.
kferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need help quick about flagyl

Thanks. It seems that I'm ok as long as they have me on the extended dose not the stat dose
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
Old 06-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Give me a few and I'll look in up in my Hale's Mothers Milk and Medication
Old 06-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

Yes. A few days after DD2 was born I had an infection in my uterus. They gave me 2 antibiotics to take 3 times a day for 2 weeks. Flagyl was one of them. I was able to nurse with no problems
Old 06-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #7
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone. It seems the don't breastfeed suggestions with flagyl are old and outdated.