Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #21
brookglen
Registered Users

Re: Dr. Appt

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi_naw View Post
I found out in college that I had/have a septate uterus. I also have mild endometriosis. After trying on our own for about 8 months, the doc did a lap and septum resection. I got pregnant my first cycle off of hormones. My RE sent me off to the high risk clinic. All was well, but I had a major bleed at 12 weeks - it turned out to be a subchorionic hematoma. The docs were convinced I'd miscarry. After the episode of bleeding, my RE took over my OB care. I had some pre-term labor that they were able to stop at 30 weeks with restricted activity and Procardia. At 35 weeks, I went into full blown labor. I was a C/S since my son was breech.

I went back to my RE to confirm this pregnancy - we were super excited because he talked about delivery! He said he wants me on progesterone starting at 16 weeks to see if this babe can bake a while longer and said I am a good candidate for a VBAC :-)

What made you high risk?
Woah, that must have been one stressful pregnancy! I hope you can have a really uneventful one this time around. Im on progesterone, it's gross.

Advertisement

brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #22
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

No appointments yet, haven't even booked one with my family doctor since she's in a different city and is also useless (last time she told me I wasn't pregnant :facepalm: ). I'm on the waiting list with 2 midwifery practices, also in different cities, since there's nothing here but cut-and-suction-happy OBs. If I don't get a care provider within the next couple of weeks then I'll go to see my family doctor, I guess. I've been on prenatals since Apr. 2010, still taking them since I'm still breastfeeding, so not worried about seeing someone right away. I declined an early US recommended for dating by one of the midwifery practices, I'm sure about my dates and don't want to harass the little one in there.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #23
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I already met with my midwife at 4 weeks but I guess it's more of an unusual situation for me. She and two other midwives she works with host a mom's group for their moms once a week and since they do the summer time meetings at one of their houses they do prenatals by the pool . So I got kind of a mini prenatal and got put in the calendar while going to the mom's group I go to sometimes anyways. Wasn't much to it though. BP and tried to draw blood unsuccessfully (I need to go to a lab because I have the world's smallest veins). I'll be seeing her again Tues. at the mom's group (not for another prenatal though) and she's going to order me an u/s for sometime around 7/8 weeks.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #24
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have been diabetic for the last 4 pregnancies and had my liver malfunction in 2 of them. I also had major bleeding problems and a placental malformation with #7. However, last year i found out i have chronic Lyme Disease and have been treated for it. The probable onset was during pregnancy #4...right when everything started going screwy. Hoping that now the Lyme is treated, my body will act more normally!

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #25
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

went for my first visit yesterday, since I had just seen my doctor a month ago he was pretty certain of my due date (now Feb. 6) so no ultrasound for me =( He did say everything looked/felt fine, confirmed that I will have to have a repeat c-section and I go back in 4 weeks.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #26
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches330 View Post
Wasn't much to it though. BP and tried to draw blood unsuccessfully (I need to go to a lab because I have the world's smallest veins).
I have the world's smallest veins too... they won't let me give blood at blood drives. And when I was IN LABOR they had a newbie poke me and she missed the vein so I got a bruise and they had to poke me again (for my IV)....
Old 06-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #27
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

Ugh, I hear ya about the veins. I had a bad PP infection after DS was born and was in the hospital for a week on abx while they tried (unsuccessfully) to figure out where it was. 3 major abx taken through an IV and my veins are trashed. After the first blew, they tried 11 more sites to get a vein and each time they touched them, they blew. 4 nurses, the nurse anesthesiologist and finally the anesthetist later and I had one tenuous IV in the inside of my wrist. It was either that or a PICC line, which at that point I was begging for if they would just stop stabbing me. Had to keep that wrist hyperflexed for 3 days while they finished the abx. So I went in last week for my blood draw and the second she tried to touch my veins in either arm, they rolled really badly. Off to the lab I went (though it was much better there). I really hope I dont get dehydrated, itll be 100X's worse.

Anyone else have experience? Will my veins ever recover or are they going to be permanently ruined?
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisha622 View Post
I have the world's smallest veins too... they won't let me give blood at blood drives. And when I was IN LABOR they had a newbie poke me and she missed the vein so I got a bruise and they had to poke me again (for my IV)....
I feel your pain mama! When I went into premature labor with DD I had 3 different nurses try to get an IV in 17 (YES 17!!!) different times. Both arms and hands were covered in purple bruises and were so sore. I couldn't hardly pick anything up for a week. After the last try they finally called up the anesthesiologist and he got it in one try . Total opposite from my DH. During an ER visit one of the nurses spotted DH from across the room and quite loudly exclaimed "Oh yeah! I'd love to get my hands on those veins!" . I'm totally jealous of it, I hate getting poked .
Old 06-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #29
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleiah View Post
Ugh, I hear ya about the veins. I had a bad PP infection after DS was born and was in the hospital for a week on abx while they tried (unsuccessfully) to figure out where it was. 3 major abx taken through an IV and my veins are trashed. After the first blew, they tried 11 more sites to get a vein and each time they touched them, they blew. 4 nurses, the nurse anesthesiologist and finally the anesthetist later and I had one tenuous IV in the inside of my wrist. It was either that or a PICC line, which at that point I was begging for if they would just stop stabbing me. Had to keep that wrist hyperflexed for 3 days while they finished the abx. So I went in last week for my blood draw and the second she tried to touch my veins in either arm, they rolled really badly. Off to the lab I went (though it was much better there). I really hope I dont get dehydrated, itll be 100X's worse.

Anyone else have experience? Will my veins ever recover or are they going to be permanently ruined?
I'm sorry mama. I'm not sure about the veins thing though.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #30
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I feel your pain mama! When I went into premature labor with DD I had 3 different nurses try to get an IV in 17 (YES 17!!!) different times. Both arms and hands were covered in purple bruises and were so sore. I couldn't hardly pick anything up for a week. After the last try they finally called up the anesthesiologist and he got it in one try . Total opposite from my DH. During an ER visit one of the nurses spotted DH from across the room and quite loudly exclaimed "Oh yeah! I'd love to get my hands on those veins!" . I'm totally jealous of it, I hate getting poked .
Oh my, WOW! 17 times is ridiculous.

Quote:
I'm sorry mama. I'm not sure about the veins thing though.
I'm not sure either.... sounds awful!