Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
mamaconalma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
organic nursing pillow

Has anyone tried any organic nursing pillows? I loved MBF for the 1st 2 but now they are saying that polyurethane foam may be toxic. It seems like the info out there is mixed but worries me. I found one organic pillow made in NZ for $80 but that seems absurd. Any thoughts on this?

Advertisement

mamaconalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #2
Alaura5
Registered Users
seller

I bought a blessed nest nursing pillow, which is organic cotton filled with buckwheat hulls. It was also expensive, but it was fantastic! You can mold it to be any shape and height that you need it to be. A friend recommended it to me--she was on her 3rd baby, and had used every other pillow out there and felt like this one was by far the best!
Alaura5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
SageR
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: organic nursing pillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaura5 View Post
I bought a blessed nest nursing pillow, which is organic cotton filled with buckwheat hulls. It was also expensive, but it was fantastic! You can mold it to be any shape and height that you need it to be. A friend recommended it to me--she was on her 3rd baby, and had used every other pillow out there and felt like this one was by far the best!
Buckwheat definitely makes a great pillow. My co-op was getting rid of a bucket of hulls so I took them and made an insert for a My Brest Friend organic cover. I really love it! I think buying hulls might be expensive so the Blessed Nest is probably your best bet.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Alaura5
Registered Users
seller

Yes, the hulls are expensive! I initially thought the pillow was overpriced, but then I looked into buying an appropriate amount of buckwheat hulls and realized it wasn't such a bad deal...
Alaura5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

what about the boppy is it getting reviews like that? i dont care for MBF i sold mine and i own 3 boppys.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
GeorgiaPeach
Registered Users
seller

I am looking into buying The Blessed Nest nursing pillow too so its good to know other mom's like it as well
GeorgiaPeach is offline   Reply With Quote