Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Help my weight is skyrocketing 3lbs a week!!!

If I were you, I would start limiting my calories to like 2200. But I suppose you're already doing that with WW, right?

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well your midwife could be right. You do gain weight from eating. And let's be real, we ALL over do it. And sometimes too often during pregnancy. It's perfectly acceptable to track your intake during pregnancy. It's easy to reach 3,000 buy eating out or adding sugary drinks. I agree that limiting yourself to a completely rationale amount of calories is a great way to stay on track.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So this morning I went for my bloodwork and my ob will have the results by my appointment on Friday. I have been noticing some swelling in my legs so last night I made sure to squeeze in my 3 mile walk after dinner. This morning before my shower I weighed myself and I was down 2 lbs so I think that it might be a combination of my thyroid and swelling. I keep drinking water, but it doesn't seem to be helping because I'm just so thirsty. I hope that this bloodwork shows something or the doctor has another idea.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #14
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2
So this morning I went for my bloodwork and my ob will have the results by my appointment on Friday. I have been noticing some swelling in my legs so last night I made sure to squeeze in my 3 mile walk after dinner. This morning before my shower I weighed myself and I was down 2 lbs so I think that it might be a combination of my thyroid and swelling. I keep drinking water, but it doesn't seem to be helping because I'm just so thirsty. I hope that this bloodwork shows something or the doctor has another idea.
And could be bowel movements too. I can easily be 1-2 lbs heavier if I haven't pooped in days. I have hashimotos so I get thyroid issues but honestly, If I am active and keep my food intake reasonable, I've never had a weight issue. Even in pregnancy. GL! I hope you feel better soon!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
And could be bowel movements too. I can easily be 1-2 lbs heavier if I haven't pooped in days. I have hashimotos so I get thyroid issues but honestly, If I am active and keep my food intake reasonable, I've never had a weight issue. Even in pregnancy. GL! I hope you feel better soon!
For real. Darn Zofran!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #16
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I gained 90ish lbs with my first, and had no glandular issues. No idea why. Same habits and diet this go round, lost 15lbs from 1st tri sickness, finally back over starting weight by 10lbs at 27w. So 25lbs total, but only 10 from starting weight.

Not a thyroid expert or anything, but I would think they would monitor your levels more during pregnancy than they did prior to. It just seems off that it's farther spaced. Glad you put your foot down, and I hope they figure something out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #17
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I got my bloodwork results back and my thyroid is a little off, but it's still within the normal. However the doctor said that durring pregnancy she would like to see my TSH a little lower so she is going to contact my endo because that's who writes my script for the levothyroxine. My next appointment with the endo isn't until July 9th, so lets hope something gets done before then. On the upside I passed my GD test and I haven't gained anymore weight this week. According to my scale at home I've actually lost a few pounds, but I don't trust it. I'm going to wic on Monday and I know that their scale matched the weight watchers scale when I first found out I was pregnant so I'm going to stick with their numbers since they have their scale calibrated every month. The glucola has actually made me so sick this week that I haven't been able to eat much of anything and I've spent a lot of time in the bathroom. I'm very sensative to corn syrup and I usually avoid it at all costs so drinking a whole cup of it basically has really upset my GI system. I didn't want to lose weight this way, but the doctor said to take zantac for the heartburn and just wait out loose stools (sorry tmi) and that my stomach should calm down in a few more days. I've decided though that's what's most important is that I have a healthy baby and she doesn't seem to be suffering from the few extra pounds that I didn't want. The heartbeat is good, she kicked the doctor three times when she was doing to doppler and my uterus measurments are right on target. Once my stomach is feeling better I'm going to add some light training back to my fitness routine in addition to my 3 miles/day walk. I'm also going to start measuring my skim milk again. I've been eyeballing my 8oz portions and I could easily be over doing it on the milk. I've been keeping my food journal too so I should be okay. Thank you everybody for your help
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #18
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Korean friend who was told by her doctor that she should really be careful of her portion sizes. This is my friend's first pregnancy and she knows NOTHING about being pregnant, etc, so she's very impressionable. Guess how much she's gained? She's 37 weeks. Wait for it...

20 pounds. Yeah. She's a tall, thin Korean and horrors she's gained 20 pounds. I wasn't there, but her impression from the doctor was that she might want to watch what she was eating. Of course I reassured her that her weight gain was on the low end of normal and NOTHING to worry about!

*facepalm*
Old 06-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #19
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I had to stay on Metformin during my pregnancy for my PCOS to not gain so much. I also had to have my thyroid checked every 4 weeks the whole time. I gained 40 this time verses 70. I am a gainer too, even on WW or cutting calories. I gain lots of water.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote