Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
Registered Users
What do you think of this sowing method?

I might give it a try next year, sarah I've seen your trays, is this the idea you use?

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What do you think of this sowing method?

That's pretty darn cool! I use many of the same containers she does, but I don't cover anything. I start mine under the cover of the carport in trays/flats. I even use cardboard boxes with dividers made from the top flaps, then seperate when I plant. I just cover them with sheets or blankets or pull the buggy in the shed when we get a hard freeze. I do loose, but I overplant so no worries. This year, I will keep the garden as is. I have many onions I want left alone. I also will over winter what I can. Then we will just till the walkways and weed next spring. I'll be replanting throughout the summer/fall to get as much as I can out of the garden. I'm really going to loose my mind this winter.

I think my fav seed tray is the wash basins from the hospital and the chinease take-out trays, lol. Now, the boxes I used did just awsome. I forgot to say, I taped a trash bag in the box and them taped the flaps in it to devide some of it up. Most of my first batch of tomatos were started in them. I did try the difficult trays of some peppers and tomatos a second time, inside the second round. They did come up better, but were misserable to harden off. I MUCH prefur to just start them under the carprot. I tried some in baggies, they did ok. Hardly any lived after being put in the soil though.

I really enjoyed reading her method! Some cool thoughts.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote