Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #11
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post
Finished all the meals. It took 6 hours but everything is in the freezer. This minute i think i hate oamc but we will see what my thoughts are over the next two weeks
Yeah its much easier to slowly build things ups- like making 2 of things as you go. Its a lot of work and energy to do them all at once. I think when I did it i did a months worth- including all sides and some lunches- over a 2 week period. Now i just double up. Or when I buy my meat (I buy in bulk) I will make stuff as I separate it to freeze then its not such a big deal. I made a bunch of meatballs last time I bought meat and they ended up being a lifesaver (or marriage saver). Spaghetti is always my uh-oh I forgot to get the meat out of the freezer- I don't usually put meat in spaghetti. Dh doesn't want spaghetti usually unless it has meatballs. He'd already complained about 2 meals- and by complained I mean thrown complete tantrums- this week. I was happy that i could throw a couple of meatballs in the spaghetti and have him actually want to eat.

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #12
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4

Yeah its much easier to slowly build things ups- like making 2 of things as you go. Its a lot of work and energy to do them all at once. I think when I did it i did a months worth- including all sides and some lunches- over a 2 week period. Now i just double up. Or when I buy my meat (I buy in bulk) I will make stuff as I separate it to freeze then its not such a big deal. I made a bunch of meatballs last time I bought meat and they ended up being a lifesaver (or marriage saver). Spaghetti is always my uh-oh I forgot to get the meat out of the freezer- I don't usually put meat in spaghetti. Dh doesn't want spaghetti usually unless it has meatballs. He'd already complained about 2 meals- and by complained I mean thrown complete tantrums- this week. I was happy that i could throw a couple of meatballs in the spaghetti and have him actually want to eat.
Yeah my issue has been with three active teens, a toddler, and a nb i dont seem to find the hands, the time, or energy to cook during the week. I'm really hoping this helps because now dh or any big kid can get dinner ready easy enough! I also make my own jams and baked goods so im busy with those in the ams during rge week.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

I dont do OAMC but I do set myself up for stuff in advance. Example I hate chopping onions so when I do, I do 3 or 4 at a time in slices for like stirfry or to add to the crockpot and very fine chop for every other use. Freeze or keep in the fridge if your using them that week.

Crockpot meals are so simple my 9yo DS helps me with those sometimes. I dont bother peeling the root veggies or defrosting meat.
ittybittycoconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #14
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood: