Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: planned cs

My OB plans repeat sections anytime after 39 weeks. I suspect he would let someone go past 40 if they wanted and had low rupture risk. My two repeats were semi-planned at 35 and 36 weeks. We knew I wouldn't go full term and knew I wouldn't likely get past 36 weeks.

Mama to two little men - A (10.05) and S (10.09) and new sweet baby girl - C (8.11)
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
Registered Users

Mine said they don't plan scheduled c-sections or inductions before 40 weeks. I begged to have him 3 days before I hit 40 weeks though and they let me(Xander now shares my dad's bday. ). If it had been any earlier though I doubt they would have let me, not that I would have asked.
Mama to Nathaniel, 12 yrs, Ethan, 7yrs, and Xander, 2yrs
Wendylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
Registered Users

my dr refuses to "let me go" past my edd...he said that there is too much of a UR we are scheduled to have baby 2 days before edd...but praying that i go into labor before then
**Please forgive any typos!!**
Bridget... Married to my bestfriend since '03...
SAHM of 3... Dd1 9/08, dd2 12/10, and ds 4/12
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
Registered Users

My doctor told me I could go a week early and that was it. No sooner. I didn't really want To wait any longer. I'm due June 26th and having my 2nd c-section June 20th, so 6 days early.
sabbydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy

My doctor for DD and DS1 required me to schedule my repeat CS between 38 and 39 weeks in hopes that I didn't go into labor on my own (DD and DS were 19 months apart, DD being emergency CS, and the hospital/doctor wouldn't allow me to attempt a VBAC for children under 24 months apart).

My doctor this time with DS2 said she was fine scheduling it at or after 39 weeks, or waiting until I went into labor and then just resorting in CS if labor didn't progress quickly, my choice.

I did choose a scheduled at 39 weeks as DH starts 2 weeks of 8-10 hours/day of school at my 40 week due date, and I want him to be able to help as much as possible that first week home.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
Registered Users

I asked my doc about this, because if we have a 3rd, I won't do a planned section (I've had two) before 41w. Both of my other babies were born at 41w+ and they were perfect, so why mess with perfection? I think my babies would be undercooked at 38 or 39 weeks.
Mama to K, June '07, and T, born Dec '10.
MariaLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #17
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users

Mine was day after my due date but it was planned on my due date.

My doctor said for futures we would schedule on my due date.
Mama to B and E, Wife to E
Parenting with Hugs and Terror since 2011
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #18
Registered Users

With the girls (2&3) we had them scheduled for around 39 weeks, but I went into labor on my own at 38 weeks and 38w6d. With our last we had a scheduled at 38w7d and I never went into labor. I loved having my scheduled because I was able to spend time with my kids after having her that same day!! With the others it was a couple days before I really got to spend time with the older kids!
adcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #19
Registered Users
Originally Posted by jjoneday

I was just wondering, since you said your body never goes into labor, how long were you allowed to go past your due dates? Did you try for a VBAC with any of your subsequent pregnancies? Just curious, because I had an unnecessary c-section with my first at about 39 weeks and had not dilated or effaced at that point and with DD#2 I went to 41 and 6 days and until I actually was in active labor I thought my body would never go into labor on its own...just curious.
With my Oliver, they fudged my dd in my favor and then let my go 14 days overdue. My doc actually did the CS on her day off so I could have all my days and the 14th was on a Sunday. I wasn't even effaced, wasn't dilated, and he was still floating, not engaged at all. She said that his head was too large to engage in my pelvis based on an examination she did while I was open. He was very very big though. I also did every natural thing I could to go into labor.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre!
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote