Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
hby
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry Double Post Can you fix it????

Hi,
So we don't use babsitters/childcare/nannies etc. We choose to raise and watch our own children. Of course if there is an emergency or on a very rare occasion where there is no possible way around it and I can count on my hands in the last 5 years that has happened.

Is there anyone out there that does this?? How do you recharge your battery? We usually take turns like my DH will watch them and I will go out and do something or I will watch them and he goes fishing alone. Something like that. It can be stressful but this is what we have decided for a number of reasons.

I am just looking to hear from parents that choose to do this not from the rest of the world that doesn't get it.
Thanks

Advertisement

Last edited by hby; 07-10-2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Double Post
hby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:
Re: We don't use babysitter Anyone Else??

I let my parents take the kids for a break. I can completely understand not wanting to leave your kids with just anybody. Taking turns works but do you ever have just a you and DH night?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #3
kyancer
Registered Users

Re: We don't use babysitter Anyone Else??

We don't use babsitters/childcare/nannies either. We only have one relative in the area (my MIL) and she works 15 hour days 6 days a week, so is unavailable for watching the kids. We usually just take the kids with us everywhere we go. It can get tiring, and we can't do a lot of things that we used to, but we just figure that we have kids now and we have adjusted our lifestyle accordingly. About once a month my mom comes for a visit. When she comes dh and I usually go out together for one evening. Otherwise, if we really want some quiet time without the kids then we do the switch off thing where one of us goes out while the other one stays home with the kids.
kyancer is offline   Reply With Quote