Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by rachaeljohnson
anyone gain more and lose slower with their girls? Me and a few friends were just discussing this and then i read that you actually do burn more calories nursing a boy and growing a it makes sense. Seriously it took years to almost lose pregnancy weight from dd and months without trying with my son...maybe coincidence?
Oh no! Hope not if I'm carrying a girl, lol. I had 2 boys and lost the weight the first pg immediately, but took me another 2 years to get all the weight off with my second

*** Wifey to my love and mommy to my two little men and my sweet baby girl ***
808mamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Can we talk about weight gain?

yes i am very concious of weight gain this time. with dd1 i gained 55 pounds and with dd2 65!

with dd1 i lost 45 in 4 months before i was preg again, and with dd2 i just lost the 65 in the 8 months before being preg again.

i was/am doing weight watchers and just started walking. i will have to officially quit ww and stop going to meetings, but i plan on continuing to track my points and will rejoin pp. i want ww to be a lifetime habit for me.

since i'm still a bit overweight my goal is to try and gain 15 pounds total. i want to keep up exercising--i'll probably just stick to walking since i enjoy it. (i have a friend who walked 3 miles the day she gave birth and she's my inspiration--also preg right now)

i just REFUSE to be unhealthy this time around. i felt so terrible with dd2 and i think a lot of that had to do with lack of healthy eating and exercise. so hard to stay motivated though!
Mandy--Serving Jesus, Wife , Mama to Sophia 8/28/10, Sarah 10/7/11, expecting a new little one in february...
mandymatus is offline   Reply With Quote