Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
widdlelou
Registered Users

Angry help me not totally give up on FBs!!

I am about to loose my mind!!!!!!!!

so I've had repelling issues. I have done the soak 30 min in sink wiht Dawn (I didn't use ultra so maybe that is it) then I scrubbed wiht more Dawn and a tooth brush on both the inside and the out side ofthe fleece. Then I rinsed in sink then I put inwash 4 get taht 4 Cycles later and an air dry I pull them out after dry and I put some water in a seringe and a insert in and did it sink in NO!!!! I'm about over it.

Normally I wash with SG and WS. I've had no stink issues or anything. I have hard water. I'm just about to .... I'm way way way way way way low on diapers right now too b/c all my covers she grew out of so I had to buy some plastic pants from Walmart And its sooooooooo hot here, so I dont' like her to be in those, but we have to go out in the heat (I'm in Central FL) And I want to buy some wool, but I have to save some $$$ to do that. OHHHHHHH!! Why doesn't a granny I know knit/?!! Anyways... Plaese anyone help me find a way to get these suckers to start working again and not to totally give up on FBs. I've loved them so far. They are what I normally reach for. I've hated fitteds b/c they are so bulky and for some reason I've lost my nak with prefolds which I used to lvoe but bT my cover situation and my kid getting so wiggly (she is 16 months) its getting very difficult.

Advertisement

Due with baby girl #2 2/26/08
widdlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:17 AM   #2
sherrydeanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: help me not totally give up on FBs!!

Are your inserts repelling as well? It seems odd that your FB's would be repelling that much. A friend of mine who also has hard water swears by Calgon water softener.
sherrydeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #3
gr33nie
Registered Users
seller

OK this might be a dumb question but are they leaking when they are on your DC? I think that dipes that DONT have repelling issues still might have water bead up on them but the question is, how do they work when they are being used?

If they do leak, how much, where and how soaked/not soaked are the inserts?
Old 07-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #4
widdlelou
Registered Users

Well I put them on her this morning and all I got was a kid grunting and say she had to (well was) pooing And then after one poo went down the toilet she pood again, so I have not see it yet.... but before the 4 washes it was pee that went streight down her leg. Then she would say "ou oh.. poopoo" and start spashing in her puddle. And boy can she make a big puddle!!!
Due with baby girl #2 2/26/08
widdlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #5
Avington77
Registered Users

Okay, so I had very similar issues when I first started using pocket diapers (bumgenius). Don't give up yet! I started using a free and clear detergent at first, and within a week the diapers were wicking around the legs. I switched detergents, and we had a puddle incident.

Here is how I got the residue off:
Start with clean diapers, HOT wash with five scoops of oxiclean, Let it agitate for a few minutes and open washer to let the oxiclean sit for an hour, finish cycle, and do 2 -3 cold rinses.

While doing all this, I realized that liquid fabric softener had ben getting in the wash. I have an internal dispenser cup in my washer, and it was caked with downy. Once I cleaned it out and switched to Sun powder detergent, I have not had any more repelling issues. However, water still beads up on the diapers some. I think that the pressure on the cloth when the diaper is being worn helps to make them soak the moisture through.

Best wishes!
Avington77 is offline   Reply With Quote