Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #31
brookglen
Registered Users

Re: "Morning" sickness?

That is a very good sign, Alice. I also didn't have MS with my last pregnancy, so it was really promising this time around when I began feeling awful.

Yesterday I made it the whole day without throwing up. I think I've found the trick, which is force feeding myself eggs in the morning. I hide them in a tortilla which kind of blands it down a bit. So I guess protein is key. Blah.

Advertisement

brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #32
brookglen
Registered Users

Double!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #33
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yesterday I made it the whole day without throwing up. I think I've found the trick, which is force feeding myself eggs in the morning. I hide them in a tortilla which kind of blands it down a bit. So I guess protein is key. Blah.

making yourself eat often and in small amounts helps A LOT! Especially small protein. During my worst pregnancies I ate bites of something every 30 min. Ask Dh to make up a variety of quick snacks so you can get something without having to think about it. thinking about eating is often worse than eating it. If you get sick...wait 10 min and EAT! it will help break the cycle of vomiting. If nothing helps don't be afraid of meds...you won't get a medal for not taking Zofran and hyperemesis CAN get so severe that you lose the baby (This is how I lost my first)

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #34
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know that HG is serious and women who are losing a lot of weight and are severely dehydrated are in a different situation - but for myself, I declined Diclectin for horrible MS in my first pregnancy and will decline it again. The history of pharmaceutical use by pregnant women is tragic (doctors in Canada were still prescribing Thalidomide after it was banned elsewhere) and considering effects on a fetus may not emerge until s/he reaches maturity (like what happened with DES), I'll suffer through it for a few months. The onus has never been on pharmaceutical companies to prove long-term safety prior to marketing a medication.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #35
brookglen
Registered Users

I just asked my doctor to call in a script for zofran. I can barely function and I have a toddler to care for.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #36
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was sick before I even got my BFP! I got two negative tests at 14dpo and 16dpo, sick at 16 but only 2 pukes (7w today)... I usually dont throw up much just extreme nausea. I've never been this sick and so early.

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #37
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I didn't read comments but I totally agree on mini meals often! I'm doing around 200 cal of something not too crazy every couple hours. I've read making sure to eat something small, like a few grapes, every hour can help a lot too.

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #38
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
I just asked my doctor to call in a script for zofran. I can barely function and I have a toddler to care for.
Yep, I know it's tricky. I've breastfed my toddler while sitting in front of the toilet and throwing up several times over the last few days. Yesterday afternoon we made a game where he would tear off a piece of tissue and throw it in the toilet, over and over, while I threw up, and I'd intermittently lift him up to flush it because he loves to do that. I have the ensuite bathroom full of toy cars for quick distraction. I make sure to verbally reassure him and smile and make eye contact in between being sick, so he's not alarmed. Those times when I've only made it as far as the garbage can, he's pointed and laughed and said, "Ewwww!"
Old 06-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #39
brookglen
Registered Users

Holy crap, that Zofran is a miracle. I was able to make dinner for my family tonight. Worth every penny.