Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Mikaela
Registered Users
seller

Trying to buy mu first woven wrap!

Okay so DD #2 is on the way and I really want a woven wrap this time around. My questions are-

What are the softest brands? I seem to be attracted to the didy and gira brand

Also baby is due in November and I live in Alaska do supportive and warm is a must!!!

Lastly how do I convince DH that this is a necessary purchase? I already have an ergo and RS so he thinks I'm set. In reality yes I would probably be fine with just those but I really want the wrap!!!! I used a stretchy wrap with DD for the first few months and it was great but I had to stop because it wasn't supportive enough.

Thoughts?

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Re: Trying to buy mu first woven wrap!

I am pretty much a didy snob except for my 2 girasols, so I say those are the best.

A wool or alpaca didy would be nice and warm for winter but even a cotton or linen would be good as well. Supportive wise, hemp is amazing. Then its just a matter of narrowing down your weave's. I find that the wave design is more open and therefore great for summer, less great for winter. Indio's would be an excellent choice as would most of your solid stripes.

If you are only getting 1 I would go with probably a size 6 or 7, which would give you the same wraps available with the stretchy wrap but you would also get to open the door to lots and lots of back carrys.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1. Gira, Didy, Storch and Diva are the softest I've felt. You may need some breaking in, but once they do they are heavenly. Diva is the softest I have ever felt out of the box, it's broken in for you already.

2. Many wrap companies make wool wraps which are nice and warm. But I also wear my Gira, Didy, Storch in the winter and we get a lot of snow too. I also am planning on getting a wool Diva for this new babe due in Feb.

3. Tell your DH that wraps are MUCH better and snuggly for a new baby. The RS is great too (but you don't have to tell him that ). Wraps are also super versatile and you can wear on the back too.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh yes, talk your dh into it by telling him it's like 100 baby carriers all in one, so it's really a good deal. There are sooo many different carries, that you'll never NEED a different carrier again (not that you won't have others, lol) The options for wearing are basically endless! Plus it will also fit your dh
Old 06-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
monkey's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE my Girasols.
monkey's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
anmama
Registered Users