Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #21
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you have older children...

anyone have neat ways of telling an almost 5 yo girl???

I want to do something special!

Advertisement

~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #22
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaeljohnson View Post
anyone have neat ways of telling an almost 5 yo girl???

I want to do something special!
I was going to have my almost 5 year old (she'll be 5 in August) come to my appointment with me and see baby on the ultrasound. She remembers going to see when I was pregnant with her little sister so I think she'd realize what was going on probably before they did it. I think it'd be special. I'm still considering it, I'll let her decide on the day of if she wants to hang out with lil sis and Grandma or come with me (since my mom thinks it's for my annual she might be less than thrilled with ODD wanting to join me).

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #23
amandabarugh
Registered Users
seller

We're not sure when we'll tell our older children. We will tell them when we're ready for everyone else to know.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
momomommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids are 4.5 and almost 3 and we already told them. They totally understand, especially the 4.5 year old. He was really excited and told me he hoped it was a girl. He asked me if my belly was big, I told him not yet, that it takes a long time to grow a baby, many months and then they will be born. Already they like to lay their head on my belly and see if they can "hear" the baby. They swear they can already, which is really cute. My 4.5 year old has always been fascinated with the subject of birth and I'm enjoying telling him about the baby and how tiny the baby is right now (which he was shocked about). Very cute. As I had some bleeding I did tell him that sometimes pregnancies don't work out, that the baby isn't forming right so my body will try again. I told him I didn't know if that would happen this time, but if it did, we would just try again to get pregnant.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #25
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

I have 3 kids already DS who will be 3 in September DD1 who is 22 months and DD2 is 8 months I've told all 3 of them but the girls don't understand yet when I told DS I have a baby in my tummy he said no DD2 was in your tummy she got big and came out