Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Universal Pre-K

So ds will be going to pre-k this Sept. When my first son went they had to have the parents pay for breakfast and lunch so they could keep the program going. Though the teacher demands that the children buy the meals from school instead of bringing from home. I don't like school meals. They are getting better but, still a long way to go. I only let my other son in school buy one lunch a week. So, anyways does anyone know if they can make us pay for school meals? Their reason for not letting children bring their lunch is that they do a family style sit down and if they have cake or something like that the child who brought lunch would want the cake and vice versa. I also don't want to deal with my older child saying why can't he buy lunch and breakfast when his brother does. I understand that some children get better meals at school but, not my kids. I can give them a better breakfast and lunch with no processed food, artificial colors or flavors.

Advertisement

upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Universal Pre-K

I don't really know if they can make you. But my dd HAS to take her own food due to food allergies. Its tough on her (and me). She understands that if she eats their food it could maker her really sick and even kill her, but it doesn't make it any easier when she is eating something different than everyone else. She wants what her friends are eating- and sometimes they want what she is eating. But its not a choice for us. I really get not wanting them to eat school food- i still can't believe that french fries are considered a veggie. But be prepared- your going to hear it either way. You older kid is going to want to buy too and you younger is going to want to eat what everyone else is eating. From the teacher's stand point- having one child eat something different from the other can cause arguments, but in general it doesn't cause a problem for the bulk of the class- its usually the kid who wants what everybody else is having.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: Universal Pre-K

Although I know what I pack would be healthier, I really wish our preschool either highly suggested we buy or provided their lunch. My little won't usually eat off her plate (she steals my food which is almost always the same or her sisters which is the same) add in someone will have chips or cookies etc. I can see major lunch time melt downs.

Last edited by champatlife; 06-22-2012 at 01:39 PM.
champatlife is offline   Reply With Quote