Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #21
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Re: Fail: Yelled at my baby yesterday :(

He knows you, loves you and trusts you, and he's over it by now! I have had those brand new sharp teeth slice my nipples many times and it HURTS!! No one would blame you for crying out

Advertisement

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #22
isaacsmum
Registered Users

Are there really any breastfeeding moms out there who don't yell out the first (or second or fifth even...) time baby chomps down hard? I know I did - and felt like an idiot when I did - but it's hard to control an automatic response like that when it hurts so much! I'm pretty sure my almost 4 year old wasn't traumatized by the experience. No teeth yet for my 9 month old, but I expect I'll yell the first time she bites me too. It just happens. No need to beat yourself up over it.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #23
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Lol - not a parenting fail. Not by a long shot.

Unless being human is a fail.

He will never remember and probably has already forgotten.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #24
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

The first time my daughter bit me with teeth I just reacted without thinking and actually did slap her. Not hard because I pulled back at the last second. She didn't even cry. I just wasn't thinking through the shock and pain. So don't feel bad about yelling it was a much much better reaction than I had.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #25
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
The first time my daughter bit me with teeth I just reacted without thinking and actually did slap her. Not hard because I pulled back at the last second. She didn't even cry. I just wasn't thinking through the shock and pain. So don't feel bad about yelling it was a much much better reaction than I had.
I did something similiar. He was dream feeding and I was dozing. I was in a hazy state when I swatted at what nipped me. My baby. Lol. Poor thing was like 'Wth' I was in tears. He wasn't. I called my husband, yadadada. Really you eventually get over it. It wasn't meant in anger :/
Old 06-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #26
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
I did something similiar. He was dream feeding and I was dozing. I was in a hazy state when I swatted at what nipped me. My baby. Lol. Poor thing was like 'Wth' I was in tears. He wasn't. I called my husband, yadadada. Really you eventually get over it. It wasn't meant in anger :/
My sisters daughter bit her while sleeping. She actually drew blood. My sister had to pry her mouth open. My poor sister was in tears. She was crying so hard when she called my mother, my poor mother thought one of the kids had been seriously injured or even died. Both of them were on the phone crying while my sister tried to get out "JJJ.. bbbit mmme." through her tears. It was in the middle of the night. On top of being bitten she was sore because she was pregnant again.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #27
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Been there. I did the same to my son when he was about that age. Yelled NO in that booming authoritative voice that I usually only use when my nieces or nephews almost run into the road or something. Poor little thing popped off the boob, stared up at me shocked and terrified, and then burst into tears and started shoving me away. I felt like dieing.
He got over it pretty fast though. It's a pretty normal reaction when you get bitten I think. My mom said she slapped me across the face the first time I bit her when nursing and felt so bad she threw up after.

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #28
allieono
Registered Users

My mom tells a story like that about me. I was 6 months old and I laughed after I bit her. She yelled at me and I didn't ever do it again. I love this story and actually think its hilarious.
allieono is offline   Reply With Quote