Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:
While Doing A Diaper Purge...

I'm a hoarder, bear with me.
My oldest has finally decided to hold pee overnight (at age 5, ugh), so my XL FBs are in the to go pile.
My two year old has been potty learned for quite some time now, and is now officially in undies. While having a debate with Sam weather or not to get rid of our L FBs (because I'm not sure if my 8 month old will ever need them), we brought up potty learning vs. age vs. gender.
Which led me to E.C.

I didn't do E.C with my boys. With my second I got wise (and read threads on DS!) and set the potty out at 14 months, made his older brother demonstrate the use, and gave him naked time. Within three months we never saw another poo diaper from him and I'm sure if I transitioned to undies sooner, we wouldn't have seen pee diapers for much longer than that. I suppose I was just too caught up with a newborn at that time.

So, what is the run down on E.C with an infant? We still have our potty, it is one of these:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/1305907...Types&var=sbar

We use pocket diapers.

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: While Doing A Diaper Purge...

Loaded question! Anything more specific?

I like this site... http://tribalbaby.org/

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: While Doing A Diaper Purge...

On that potty... I personally don't like it at all. For infants you'll want something like a bowl that you can put on your lap. As they get older I use the bjorn which is easy to have your LO close to your body. The main thing I don't like about that potty is that I noticed LOs have a hard time getting on it. Pants/underwear have to come all the way off and the front shape is so wide it's not a great potty to squat on. It's hard to describe but once you get something more like the bjorn you'll tell the difference easily.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote