Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
MusicTeacher
Registered Users

Another new turkey :)

Hey everyone. My name is Bri and I'm 20 weeks pregnant with #1! This kid is sort of my miracle baby. I had been having lots of health problems and after being pretty much completely ignored by 2 different doctors, I finally found a doc who believed there was something wrong with me. Turns out I have hyperprolactinemia (fancy pants way of saying my pituitary produces too much prolactin for someone who is not pregnant or breastfeeding).

I was sent to an RE to treat this condition and discuss options for conceiving (I had been off BC for 9 or 10 months at this point). He told me that with the condition untreated, I only had about a 5-7% chance of conceiving at that time. He said that with treatment, he hoped that my fertility would return to normal because I'm pretty young (25). The plan was to treat and try naturally for another 6 months and if that didn't work, we'd discuss further fertility treatments. Well... a week later I had to call the doctor back and tell him to scratch that plan because I was already pregnant!

Anyway... my big anatomy scan is next Friday and I'm so looking forward to seeing my Butterball again! Based on my ovulation date, my due date would be November 13th, but because this chunky monkey has been measuring ahead lately, they went ahead and bumped my due date up to November 9th.

Just wanted to jump in and say hi!

Advertisement

MusicTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller

Re: Another new turkey :)

HELLO! Welcome! Well that is a great story that turned out beautifully! I am due the 12th but DH and I are pretty sure they may move my date up. I am expecting a little boy and I will be 20 weeks on Monday

We also have a FB group if you have FB.

Look for the post here Hope to see you there and again Congrats!

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
MusicTeacher
Registered Users

Thanks! I just saw that thread and I messaged someone to add me to the group!
MusicTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

What a fabulous story! I love stories like that!!!! Welcome and Congratulations!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
CM6755
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am Nov 13th too! well they changed it to the 14th last week...sheesh! IMO I would rather my due date be later, just to make sure baby is fully developed...those last few weeks there is a lot going on too. Just in case the OB/MW/etc. wants to induce or do a c/s...

CONGRATS!