Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Junebugs chat June 24-30th

Hi everyone!! I agree it's def been quieter w/ all the babies born but I know I've been busy that I haven't done much of anything on the computer. Evanee is a week old today and is doing great. She's eating well and she is a great sleeper. She doesn't like to be in the bassinet by herself so she sleeps w/ me

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas View Post
Hi everyone!! I agree it's def been quieter w/ all the babies born but I know I've been busy that I haven't done much of anything on the computer. Evanee is a week old today and is doing great. She's eating well and she is a great sleeper. She doesn't like to be in the bassinet by herself so she sleeps w/ me
Baby snuggles are the best
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It has definitely been quieter here! So sorry for all you mamas still waiting. Now that it's hitting 100 everyday I can't imagine still being pregnant right now. Can't believe my due date still wouldn't have been for 3 more days.

I've been struggling quite a bit, emotionally, with how Emmanuel's birth happened, him coming 3 weeks early, being first time parents, and, omg, the power struggles with MIL over the baby I did NOT expect.

At his 2 week appointment Emmanuel still hadn't gotten back to his birth weight so the pedi wants me to go to a lactation consultant. I know it's terrible and I'm a terrible mom but I don't want to go. I have seen more LCs than I have fingers on one hand since his birth, all at my request, because I wanted to make sure I was doing things right. My experience has been that all of it is just guess work and none of them know what they're talking about.

I've started giving him bottles (ebm) about 30% of the time just to know he's eating X amount. I don't feel good about it and I'm worried about it causing supply issues. We have another appointment to check his weight again this Thursday, hopefully the bottles and more time will have made a difference.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

dp monster.

Last edited by EmmaGM; 06-25-2012 at 02:50 PM.
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #15
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Emma - I hope that he starts thriving and this is all soon a memory.

AFM - I have to apologize for being so quiet here lately. Like Emma, I'm a bit traumatized. by my past losses, difficult pregnancy, and traumatic delivery all piling up. To be honest, I sob when I read a positive, happy birth story as I mourn what I lost. I'm actually working with a counselor to process my experiences and emotions. I just pushed my thoughts and feelings aside for so long that once my hormones peaked I just lost control of the pile. I'm so in love with Teagan but so sad she had such a violent birth.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

to Lucy and Emma!!
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
stlittleton
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
It has definitely been quieter here! So sorry for all you mamas still waiting. Now that it's hitting 100 everyday I can't imagine still being pregnant right now. Can't believe my due date still wouldn't have been for 3 more days.

I've been struggling quite a bit, emotionally, with how Emmanuel's birth happened, him coming 3 weeks early, being first time parents, and, omg, the power struggles with MIL over the baby I did NOT expect.

At his 2 week appointment Emmanuel still hadn't gotten back to his birth weight so the pedi wants me to go to a lactation consultant. I know it's terrible and I'm a terrible mom but I don't want to go. I have seen more LCs than I have fingers on one hand since his birth, all at my request, because I wanted to make sure I was doing things right. My experience has been that all of it is just guess work and none of them know what they're talking about.

I've started giving him bottles (ebm) about 30% of the time just to know he's eating X amount. I don't feel good about it and I'm worried about it causing supply issues. We have another appointment to check his weight again this Thursday, hopefully the bottles and more time will have made a difference.
I know how you're feeling. I feel like i didn't get the right support when I was in the hospital. They didn't even send in a lactation consultant when I was there, but I had probably like 8 different nurses try to help in the day and a half after he was born. All of whom made it worse, and we struggled even more. He was crying so hard and nothing I tried would console him, finally a doctor suggested we supplement. I wanted to try to pump while I was there, but was too timid to say anything which I totally regret now.. We're still trying to get him to the breast but he just isn't getting it. It's really upsetting. I feel so bad, because part of me just wants to give up.. :/
stlittleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #18
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlittleton

I know how you're feeling. I feel like i didn't get the right support when I was in the hospital. They didn't even send in a lactation consultant when I was there, but I had probably like 8 different nurses try to help in the day and a half after he was born. All of whom made it worse, and we struggled even more. He was crying so hard and nothing I tried would console him, finally a doctor suggested we supplement. I wanted to try to pump while I was there, but was too timid to say anything which I totally regret now.. We're still trying to get him to the breast but he just isn't getting it. It's really upsetting. I feel so bad, because part of me just wants to give up.. :/
I still want to give up most days, don't feel guilty. You'd think something so natural would be easy, instinctual but breastfeeding has been one of the hardest things I've ever done. After so many nurses and consultants the one thing that consoled me was the breastfeeding forum here on DS. Those mamas are SO sweet and helpful.

Sent from my Galaxy Skyrocket using DS Forum
Old 06-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #19
princesslilahsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

don't give up on bfing! Its so worth it! First time around is hard for everyone.
princesslilahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #20
janelle525
Registered Users

My Mood:

First time was soooo hard for me! Getting a good latch is difficult!! And on top of that your nipples have never been 'broken in' so to speak so there may be pain. I had to cry sometimes but it really is worth it to get through it in anyway you can.