Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #61
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

The lady doesn't like kids!....sounds to me that she needs to let God work on her attitude and feelings. I think most of is who leave our fertility to God do it because we believe that it is a commandment. I mean, we love our kiddos, and many of us have the desire for more, but during the times when we are frustrated or financially struggling or whatever, it always goes back to being obedient to God. That lady should not change her obedience to His Word, but rather study His word and pray to feel for children, the way our Lord does. When we view children the way God does, we can't help but desire more. Especially when he says that the" fruit of the womb is HIS reward"! WOW- we reward Him when we allow Him to give us children, and in turn we are greatly rewarded here on earth.

He is so very good to us! Thank you Lord!

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #62
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really want to leave my childbearing up to God, but my husband is very reluctant to remain open to a 5th child. we have 4 children, aged 6 and under. I don't feel that overwhelmed anymore, but my husband just says things like "we have enough" or "we have our hands full now", "we don't need any more", etc.

I am Catholic, so my views on birth control are quite different than his (he is non-denominational Christian), so it's hard to discuss. we use NFP, but I am ready to be open to life since my youngest is 18 months. hubby is just not on the same page.

Anyway, I am sort of jealous just a little, of all of you who can be open to life and not be in discord with your spouse about it. It is sort of heartbreaking... (would love prayers if you are so inclined)
Old 06-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #63
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will definentally pray for you AND your husband! ((HUGS))

I pray that the Lord chages your husband's heart in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph410 View Post
I really want to leave my childbearing up to God, but my husband is very reluctant to remain open to a 5th child. we have 4 children, aged 6 and under. I don't feel that overwhelmed anymore, but my husband just says things like "we have enough" or "we have our hands full now", "we don't need any more", etc.

I am Catholic, so my views on birth control are quite different than his (he is non-denominational Christian), so it's hard to discuss. we use NFP, but I am ready to be open to life since my youngest is 18 months. hubby is just not on the same page.

Anyway, I am sort of jealous just a little, of all of you who can be open to life and not be in discord with your spouse about it. It is sort of heartbreaking... (would love prayers if you are so inclined)
Old 06-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #64
boogamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nevermind

Last edited by boogamama; 06-23-2012 at 11:25 PM.
boogamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #65
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina2babyboys View Post
I will definentally pray for you AND your husband! ((HUGS))

I pray that the Lord chages your husband's heart in this area.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #66
NWNative32
Registered Users

My husband and I are not on the same page with this...he's content with our 2 (3 year old DD and 3 mo old DS), but I would love to have more and leave it up to God. We're Catholic and use NFP (never used BC during our 5 year marriage), but I'm not having cycles right now (BFing). I am praying for a change in my husband's heart, so in a way I am leaving it up to God .
NWNative32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #67
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph410 View Post

I'm there with you! MOnus the catholic part. I would love prayers also and will pray for you and your hubs!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #68
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will definitely pray for you, Lexy!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #69
dreamingoffireflies
Registered Users
seller

Hi, I'm Jen, mama of one 9-month old, and I am only in the beginning stages of considering this approach. My husband has always liked the idea of going without protection at least some of the time to "leave room for God". I have some of the same feelings, but I feel like his method is half-hearted or too willy-nilly. Why not just leave it up to God all the time, then? But we both have concerns about adopting the approach fully, including responsible use of resources (my husband, the biologist), my mental and physical health, and our ability to care for a large family financially. I know we can survive on little and that God will provide if we are honoring and trusting him, but I am a SAHM and he is a full-time vet student, so most of the year we have little to no income. He will also be graduating with around $200,000 in debt. Not the best financial move, pretty bad one actually, but we believe God led him to this field and the only school he got into was out-of-state with high out-of-state tuition. And while we don't like amassing debt (we have no other debt), it is not feasible for either of us to make much money and still invest the important time with our new, growing family. All that to say, I don't know that we are ever going to be very financially secure and that plays into out thoughts on how many children to have. I know God is Lord over all that and might bless us unexpectedly. But I think he calls some people to have large families (some mamas flourish, others would crumble under the stress), just like he calls some to adopt, or be missionaries, etc. Just not sure yet if he is calling us to it. Or if I am meant to return to my field as a counselor, which I went to graduate school for, and whether having a large family would allow for that (I could be a SAHM for decades if I have unlimited children...)

My ISO/IHA
dreamingoffireflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #70
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

We are leaving our family up to God...in our hearts but on the surface, we have doubts. Our current baby is 6 months old and super super attached, as in, he doesn't sleep longer than 30 minutes unless he is latched on night and day. I'm scared to have another baby like him! We totally adore him to pieces but he really makes me doubt my ability to become a mother again. Backstory...he's a reversal baby! He kept coming to me in dreams for 3 years and finally DH dreamt about him. The next day, he scheduled his
reversal! I recently became saved....Dh is not though he considers himself a very progressive christian(as did I, until I realized my "progressive" beliefs brought me progressively to a life and person full of pain and strife). Our marriage needs God and I'm working on my end towards this and praying DH (super stubborn man he is) finds the real Christ through my example or otherwise.

Anyway, how do you remain open after a high needs baby (even if our marriage got better)?

Last edited by Kindermama; 06-26-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Kindermama is offline   Reply With Quote